“Not shabby.”

Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Not shabby.”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Excellent value for the price. Great breakfast and good free dinners and drinks at the bar. Beds are comfy. Flat screen tvs. Hotel staff friendly. You get more for your dollar compared to other places around. It's very close to a lot of great restaurants as well.

• Stayed April 2014
Cloe W, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Detroit - Troy, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Hi Shattudo,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us an awesome review! It is great to hear you were happy with your stay. I hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Pine Bush, New York
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We travel quite a bit to race our horses all over North America. This hotel has a nice lobby and friendly staff to begin your stay. The room is clean and the bed was very comfortable. Plenty of towels in the bathroom with good water pressure in the shower. I'd recommend staying here to anyone

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Cloe W, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Detroit - Troy, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Hi DaddyMac149,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! It is nice to hear the pleasant feedback, we are especially proud of our standard of cleanliness. I will pass along your compliments to the appropriate departments. We hope to see you next time you are in the area!

-Cloe Walker
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

It's an older hotel, we were on the top floor (4th) the hallway smelled a little musty our room was pretty small compared to other hotels I've been in, but clean.. the sliding glass door to the very small balcony was not very sound proof or clean our room face the expressway and you could hear all the noise from the door. I got the king size room with the pullout couch of me and my 2 daughter's, The pullout couch bed had no bedding on it or any available in the room, so called down to get some, the worker was very kind and brought some up for us, but apologized that she could only find one pillow. After a few modifications from mom, My daughter said the couch bed was comfy. Our bed was comfortable and clean. The bathroom looked newly updated and the shower and tub were nice. All in all for the price it was fine, and my girls asked if we could stay there again. Oh, and the free breakfast was really good,.and did I mention FREE?!! :o)

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Kimmyg6,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! I have discussed your concerns with the correct departments and passed along the compliments as well. Every compliment and concern allows us to improve ourselves, we value your opinion! We hope to see you next time you're in the area!

-Cloe Walker
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My room was clean and bug free which is always a plus. The bathrooms and excercise room could use some upgrading but they were adequate and functional.
I was pleasantly suprised when I was offered a free Choice membership and that my dinners were now also included as this hotel has a restaurant on site. Thank you.
All the staff I interacted with were nice and friendly.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Cloe W, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Detroit - Troy, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Hi Kuzzy37,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We truly appreciate it. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you next time you're in the area!
traverse city
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed here for a night while in the Detroit area for a couple hockey games. The accommodations were a great value and it worked our great for our team!

The bar has a very limited menu, but the service was good. The breakfast was great as well.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jellie2001
qualityinntroy, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Detroit - Troy, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Hi jellie2001,
Thank you for your review! We strive to provide the best service for our guests, so we truly appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you next time you are in the area!
Delafield, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 March 2014

This used to be Holiday Inn. Because of this, it has a bar as well as a good sized breakfast area.
The pros: clean rooms. comfy bed, polite, competent staff, free cocktail & enough free food to make a dinner, free full hot breakfast as well as the usual cold cereal, sweet rolls, bagels, etc. The cons: the bathroom was too small. No vanity to speak of. This made it difficult to fine room for tooth brush, moisturizer & my husband's shaving stuff. And could have used a light over the closet area. It was rather dark. Also, we found it a little difficult to locate this hotel for the first time, especially at night. It's at the end of a dead-end road past several houses & the Red Roof Inn. Next time in Detroit area, we will stay hear again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for your review! I appreciate your comments and am happy to hear you will be staying with us next time you are in the area!
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed here the first week of feb 2014 and found this hotel to be very comfortable and relaxing, although its showing a little wear around the edges. Kind of like a comfy old pair of jeans. Internet connection was fast easy and reliable. rooms were very clean and well stocked. also included in my package was a complimentary continental breakfast and dinner in the lounge each day. The breakfast was EXCELLENT, and the dinners were simple yet delicious almost like home-made! Bartender (Randy) was very friendly and prompt, and he also put together the dinners I think. There is a free instant cofee machine in the lobby that makes fantastic coffee, and they have the French Vanilla creamers I cannot live without. Front desk staff was very attentive and helpful. housekeepers spoke almost no english, but still were able to communicate enough to get the job done. Parking is abundant. Parking lots were well and promptly plowed (we did get a snowstorm midweek). Very quiet location at a dead-end street, tucked in along the freeway off ramp and a decent looking apartment complex. No riff-raff in the area, didnt worry about my car getting broken into. I would not hesitate to stay here again. I only wished they could have offered a nice indoor or outdoor hot tub (my only gripe) but the shower had great water pressure and got hotter than I could handle. room had a fridge, but no microwave, but there was a small microwave in the hall next to the soda machine and that was fine.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
qualityinntroy, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Detroit - Troy, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Hi Robert E.,

Thanks for the great review! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you were happy with our staff. I will pass your compliments along to everyone. If you are looking for a hot tub, we do offer jacuzzi rooms. We hope to see you soon!