“Vacation Stay”

Quality Inn Detroit - Troy
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Troy
“Vacation Stay”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Great Place to stay for the price. Found it on a search site and it was the best price. The staff is wonderful, but there were a few issues. The rooms were mostly clean, but when we turned on the A/C unit, we could smell the mold/mildew coming from the unit. The food was by and far the best part of my experience. Not only did I receive complimentary food/drink tickets when I checked-in, but I also had a great, hot breakfast. The staff is wonderful and always made me feel welcome. If I come back to this area again, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Cloe W, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Detroit - Troy, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Hi Michael M,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I'm happy to hear your stay was a wonderful experience. Next time, please contact the front desk with any AC concerns. Maintenance will be happy to look into and fix the issue for you. We hope to see you next time you're in the area!

-Cloe Walker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Fruitport, Michigan
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Great Place to stay. Found it a few years back and it wasn't too busy, but now they are no longer my well kept secret. Rooms are very clean, food is awesome and staff is wonderful. It is my favorite place to stay when working in this area.

Room Tip: any room is great
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hi Renote,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! You're right, we are no longer the secret we used to be! I'm glad your stays have been great. We hope to see you next time you're in the area!

Rehoboth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Facility is a dump, tired property, mold and mildew present in room and common areas. Lack of upkeep is apparent wherever you look. Location is difficult to access, weird street entrance. Wouldn't stay here again if you paid me. They need to teach housekeeping how to knock prior to entering a guest room.

The breakfast was the only saving grace for this hotel, it was included in rate, food was hot and plentiful.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank michael p
Hi Michael P,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry to hear that your stay was not pleasant. Some of the comments made in your review concern me. We would like to correct these issues. Please send an e-mail to dos@qualityinntroy.com. I'm glad you liked our breakfast!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed here on my way to the opening of a new disney store with my daughter, son and grandson. The hotel was wonderful and i booked it on points. Ive never stayed somewhere as exceptional as this on my points. The staff was great especially the breakfast room attendant. Anytime we needed anything he was right there and it was a HUGE help traveling with 2 children under the age of 3. Will absolutely come back and stay here. The rooms were amazingly clean and the shower had fantastic water pressure.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Brittanie S
Cloe W, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Detroit - Troy, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Hi Brittanie S,

Thanks for leaving a review! I will pass along your compliments to our breakfast attendants. I'm happy to hear they were so helpful. I hope you had a great family trip!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I ended up at the Quality when my typical go to in Troy was booked. The location was a little hard to find but once you figured it out it was a good central location near I75 in the Troy area. The staff were friendly and effecient. Rooms, although not anything fancy were clean, neat and very comfortable. I returned 2 nights later.
There is a good breakfast included in the morning.
Great Deal!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Erica K
Hi Erica K,

Thank you for the nice review! It's great to hear that you came back a few days later! We hope to see you for many more future stays.

Holt, Michigan
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was a nice hotel and offers a happy hour from 6-730 with two free drinks and a free dinner. It was very good the night I stayed, stuffed peppers mashed potatoes and a salad. Not close to a bar but has one attached, only open to ten on a Tuesday night.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Brookesc4
Hi Brookesc4,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad that you enjoyed our Manager's Reception. It is definitely a guest favorite! We hope to see you again soon!

Indiana, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Great place to stay. Room was super clean. Breakfast service was great and nice variety of options. Because we were Gold members of Choice our room was upgraded automatically. Would definitely stay here again. Good value for the price.

Room Tip: Beautiful hotel and service great. Definitely good value. Located in nice area and close to my fam...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ronald B
Hi Ronald B,

Thanks for your review! I'm glad to hear our front desk staff recognized your membership level and upgraded you automatically. We hope to see you next time you're in the area!