“Great Place to Stay in Troy,Michigan”

Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Denver, Colorado
“Great Place to Stay in Troy,Michigan”
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I recently stayed at the Drury Inn in Troy, Michgan and wanted to say a few words of praise about them. The whole staff was extremely accomodating and pleasant. They seemed to go out of their way to please each guest. The Manager 'Joe' was at the breakfast buffet every morning assisting in clean-up of tables, offering extra orange juice to everyone and asking if there is anything he could do! Every single staff member had a smile on their face. I agree with another review writer that 'this was the most friendly of any hotels I've ever stayed in. Another employe "Alan" front desk service superviser was super helpful, courteous and went out of his way to please everyone. All of the extra perks, breakfast buffet, 5:30 kick-back meal, pool, workout room, computer room, free long distance calls are great incentives to keep customers coming back to stay at The Drury. If you want a GREAT place to stay in Troy, Michigan--stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank the1actor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Czech first
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 July 2012

This was my families first time at a Drury Inn and we were very pleased. The only thing I did not like was the bathroom. The bathroom did not have a lock on the door and their was no fan. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Our room was double beds. Good for 2 but would be tight for 4.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2012

This hotel is great since it is close to Somerset Collection and the Great Lakes Crossing outlet mall. It is also very very affordable and gives you lots of freebies, including internet, parking, breakfast and an afternoon meal which includes free wine! We only stayed 1 night and did not go for the afternoon kickback, but the breakfast was good. Go early though, otherwise it can get quite busy. We had to take our food back to the room since all the tables were full. The hotel is a bit dark and dingy inside, but everything was clean and the staff were very friendly. I would come back here in a heart beat for the price and what they have to offer. My only complaint was the room temperature. It was really cold with the A/C on, but too hot without it. I wonder if there is a way to reach a happy medium...

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 13 July 2012

After reading the reveiws on trip advisor I booked three nights at the Drury Inn in Troy. The front desk staff was super friendly, in fact, they were probably the most friendly of any hotel I've ever stayed in.

When I checked into my room I soon realized the room decor was pretty outdated, however, it was clean. The bathroom was well stocked with towels and handsoap. I really didn't care for the dispenser inside the shower of shampoo, bath gel and conditioner. I'm not a fan of a huge dispenser because you don't know what previous guests may have put in there.

You could hear the people in the rooms on both sides of your room. I could hear people going down the hallway on the floor upstairs. It wasn't so loud that you could hear the exact conversations going on in the rooms next to you but it was loud enough where it was bothersome.

The free breakfast and Hot dog bar at night are great if you are traveling with families or on a budget, however, it wasn't for me. I prefer a healthier option and there wasn't much in the way of helathy choices. Again, it wasn't for me but great for the budget conscious traveller or those who like comfort food.

The pool was pretty average. The hot tub was huge. You could easily have 8-10 people at one time.

Overall, my stay was average. It's close to great shopping, easy to get to off the interstate and friendly. Just don't expect 4 or 5 stars.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Thank you for your review on your recent hotel stay. Your comments regarding the friendly service you received will be shared with our Front Desk team.

I am thrilled to inform you the hotel will soon be renovated and will be getting a brand-new look. Please note, the shower dispensers have been installed to help our environment by reducing the amount of waste. The housekeepers unlock the dispensers of shampoo, conditioner and body wash to refill them when needed.

We truly appreciate your business and we hope to be at your service the next time you return to the Troy area. Thank you once again!

Joe Del Serrone
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Not a Hilton? Well no, but...Drury Inn has a whole lot going for it, in spite its brand name. Who cares about the name! The place is SPOTLESS. We were greeted by every staff person we encountered--i would say they were just as customer-service oriented as a Marriott and far less expensive. The food isn't fancy, but it was the best FREE breakfast I've ever had. No kidding-scrambled eggs are a regular item. Cereal, yogurt, juices, french toast, sausage, the whole enchilada. It's all you can eat, and there was plenty for everyone. The room was a comfortable size. Beds were comfortable. Interesting thing--instead of the little shampoo bottles, they just have a nice dispenser in the shower. It was nearly full with shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. Could have bathed an army in there.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 9 July 2012

When I checked into my room here, I wanted to dislike the place. The furniture and room were a bit dated. And yet everything was spotlessly clean, the bed was extremely comfortable and there was a really nice flat screen television. What more could I want, really? What I got was excellent service. The free buffet was a nice touch, though I wouldn't want to rely on it for dinner. Every staff member I talked to was very nice and really helpful.
This hotel is what it is. It is not as swanky as some of the chains I visit, but they don't nickle and dime you for everything either. If you have to stay in the Troy area for business or pleasure, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Markham, Canada
Reviewed 8 July 2012

While in Michigan for the week, we decided to split our stay between the Frankenmuth and Troy Drury Inns (3 nights each)
- We were hoping for a bit of a variation in food (at breakfast and late afternoon/early evening kickback times), but unfortunately, it was practically identical to the previous 3 days in Frankenmuth!
- The staff was reasonably friendly, but not quite as accomodating as the hosts back in Frankenmuth
- The property was much larger and the atmosphere was therefore much less personal, wanting to end food service right on time as scheduled
- The pool and hot tub were bigger than the ones in Frankenmuth, but jammed full of people, so we did not use them; call it bad luck, I guess!
- The room size was identical but cost us $25/night more; still quite reasonable considering the food, drink and spacious rooms that were provided
- The triple A discout did not hurt either!

Room Tip: Definitely as for the double room (two double beds in the back and a pull out with option for a cot...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank dave_dorscht
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you staying with us at Troy and for staying with our friends in Frankenmuth, Michigan. I am looking forward to sharing your comments with the Frankenmuth team. As you were able to experience, every evening at Drury, we offer a "5:30 kickback", which includes complimentary drinks and a variety of different food items. I am happy to inform you we will soon be adding a few new food items to our evening menu. We look forward to seeing you the next time you return to our area.

Thank you once again!