Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewshot dogsnachosfree drinkstgi fridaysbaked potatohappy hourevening snackschillisausage pattieshot breakfastbagelsroom suiteshopping triphot tubfree internetgreat place to staystayed one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I did not choose this property for my recent trip, but my co-workers did based on past stays. The location is easy to get to, there are several restaurants within walking distance, and the rate was affordable - which are the reasons my colleagues chose the Drury Inn again.

The property itself is fine for the price. It is clearly geared for business travelers on a budget and families. The complimentary breakfast was not elaborate but more than satisfactory. The lobby was spacious, with plenty of room to work or talk with friends. The rooms themselves looked to be recently updated, with flat screen TVs, a fine desk for working, comfortable beds and decent decor. It was clean and comfortable - just what I needed.

We did not take advantage of the evening happy hour, but I can say that the lobby was buzzing with small groups and families, so it must have been good enough.

Bottom line: While I can't rave about the property, I certainly wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We decided to choose the Drury Inn in Troy to stay for our girls shopping trip. The desk staff were so friendly and fast. We really enjoyed the 5:30 Kickback and the breakfast. No other hotel offers anything like it included with your room. There was a variety of foods to choose. Something for everyone. The popcorn machine and the pop was great after going to the pool to take back to the room to watch a movie. Room was comfortable. I especially enjoyed the Lazyboy chair. We would definitely come back and definitely recommend it to friends. (Actually we have.)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2012

May family and I recently enjoyed a stay at the Drury Inn & Suites in Troy, Michigan. From the moment we walked in the door to check-in, the staff was extremely kind and courteous. The hotel was beautiful and seemed to sparkle. One of the staff members went above and beyond the call of duty to help us with a unique situation/request, and his thoughtfulness will be remembered. Our children enjoyed their swim in the beautiful pool, which is filled with water at the perfect temperature. Our room was spacious and lovely. This hotel was no doubt built with the guest's comfort in mind, as there was not one moment that we heard another guest through our walls, celing, or out in the hall way. This is saying a lot, because that hotel was packed with other guests which were there for the Woodward Dream Cruise. Last but not least, I have to say that the bed we slept in was so comfortable that we have taken steps to learn who the manufacturer is so that we can purchase a similar mattress set for our home.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2012

This was such a enjoyable place to stay at.The main ingredient for a great place is the pride and hard work the employees put into it , to make you want to write a review and sing their praises . The people are so friendly and wanting you to have the best stay possible, with such a effort to make it enjoyable . I enjoyed the 5:30 kick-back which unless you experience it yourself, it is hard to express just how wonderful it is to see a place go that extra mile for it's customers. You will be hard pressed to find it ,at any other hotel . The breakfast in the morning was excellent with a wide variety of items to choose from . I will indeed be back and will pass along to friends and family this wonderful place to stay .

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We stayed at the Drury Inn & Suites in Troy again this past weekend. Once again, the hotel went above and beyond for their customers. That was apparent when we went down to grab a snack during their complimentary "5:30 Kick-back." The room was packed! Kids were grabbing hot dogs and popcorn. Free complimentary drinks for the adults. Personally my favorite :) The food was all hot and fresh, and the dining room was packed. People were talking and laughing and having a great time.
Our room was spotless and immaculate. The carpeting and bathroom tile were the cleanest that I have ever seen in a hotel room. In some hotels I fear removing my shoes for fear of what's there. Not at the Drury. The TV had numerous channels and the picture was crisp. We were not kept awake by any other guests, and the hallways were unbelievably quiet for such a large hotel.
The breakfast buffet the next morning had more than enough food and choices. Make your own waffles, sausage, gravy, muffins, breads, fruits, etc. The manager came around and was refilling the glasses with orange juice and asking if anyone needed anything. We have NEVER had that happen at any hotel that we have ever stayed at.
Simply said, the Drury is the only hotel that we will stay at in the Detroit area. Why go elsewhere when you can stay at the best!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple