“Decent hotel with very good ammenities”

Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed 24 January 2013

This hotel is slightly older, but the ammenities make all the difference. Free Wifi, free breakfast and a free appatizer bar for dinner.

There is a TGI Fridays attached to the hotel, and every other restaurant known to man within a mile or so. There is also a large mall just down the street.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank terandboys

Reviewed 21 January 2013

The staff at this hotel exudes amazing hospitality and customer service skills! I was so impressed by how friendly and professional every employee was that I and/or my family encountered while staying here for a whole weekend. All of the staff was excellent from the front desk, housekeeping and dining area. They simply go above and beyond. This type of service is very much appreciated. In addition, you can't beat the price, or the free breakfast and dinner, free WiFi, etc. The location is great too...looks and feels like a nice safe area! The rooms are a bit dated but nevertheless nice and clean. My family and I travel to Michigan about 3-4 times a year and usually stay at different hotels...this was our first stay at Drury Inn and from what we experienced from this last trip...Drury Inn will be our hotel of choice forward going when visiting Michigan. To the Management of Drury Inn: you have an impressive staff of employees...KUDOS to all of you for a job well done!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 1Blessed
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Although the inn is under renovation I had the most comfortable sleep ever in a hotel. Maybe because they actually have more than one blanket on the bed and the room had a homey feel to it. I enjoyed sitting in the "Lazboy" recliner. Everyone is extremely nice and they charged my iPhone for me since I forgot my charger. I have to say when I first pulled up I had my doubts since there is a Marriott across the street but I would stay at Drury again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank roadtrip21
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Recently we wanted to stay here during Thanksgiving week, but the cheapest room was $120. We ended up staying at Hawthorn Suites instead for $71. The two of us stayed here this past Saturday night and the room was $76 with AAA discount. Its too bad prices fluctuate so much around holidays. The reception staff were very nice. I asked for a room on the top floor in my online reservation. They were happy to put us up on the 4th floor. If any managers read this, give your reception staff a pay raise, they are doing a great job !

Weve stayed here before and wont hesitate to stay again if the price is right. One thing I did notice, our King bed was softer and more comfortable than Hawthorn Suites. The 5:30 kickback dinner cant be beat with free food and 3 drinks per person. The Pepsi machine and popcorn maker are a nice touch as well. Breakfast is also good with 4 giant waffle makers running if you want to make your own.

The indoor pool is heated and the water is very warm. You dont have to worry about stepping into a cold pool here ! Our room bathtub had a built in shower gel and shampoo dispenser which was handy, since I forgot to pack shampoo.

I agree with the other reviewers. You wont find a better value than Drury Inn. A giant thumbs up from me !

Room Tip: Fourth floor away from elevators
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2013

A great experience at the Drury in Troy. Very clean and comfortable room, excellent attentive management and staff. Great nutritious breakfast for a variety of tastes. Pool and hot tub very clean and relaxing. Bonus --- happy hour drinks and snacks. Management and staff were very helpful in making sure we were comfortable, happy and got to the right shopping malls !!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I spent two comfortable nights at the Drury Inn and everything was clean and convenient. This is not a fancy hotel, but it is a solid business hotel that takes care of its guests. I was impressed how many little things were included. Free hot breakfast. Free wifi. Free workout facilities. Really all the things a biz traveler needs. The staff were friendly. Parking was convenient. And in a pinch, there is an attached TGI Fridays for a simple meal or drink. I would stay here again for a good value room.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 January 2013

we stayed here new years eve. once again we were very pleased. reception, service , nice rooms and beds .the staff were all very friendly and went out of their way to make sure your stay was pleasant.
they gave us our free ticket for supper time happy hour with 3 free drinks and a nice assortment of food to eat . the next morning a free breakfast was included.(thsi is normal with every stay)
on new years eve there were lots of families staying their and the motel hired security guards to monitor the hall ways on each floor.
we were very impressed with that and felt very very safe.
when we visit the area again the drury inn troy michigan will be our place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends