“Exceeded expectations!”

Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Let me say first that my husband and I were already fans of the Drury chain as we travel to Florida for the winter with our dog and Drury is dog friendly. This time we were just in Detroit for a concert at the Fox Theatre and made reservations online. Everyone at this particular Drury Inn could not have been nicer and more helpful, starting with the front desk check in and the wait staff at the nightly happy hour and morning breakfast buffet. The place looked clean and new and the room was spotless! Like I said, we were already Drury fans, so our expectations were high - this place exceeded them!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jawouds

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Had to travel with a friend for a medical appointment in Troy Michigan. She loved the Drury, I thought oh just another hotel. Big surprise! Great staff, food was excellent, three free drinks. Complimentary breakfast was huge. Price of the room excellent. It defiantely is a must stay. One small click is those Michigan U turns. Got us a little turned around. But all in all what a great stay.

Room Tip: The room was quiet and we heard no highway traffic. Pool was awesome. Lots of other dinning places...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Upon arrival I was greeted by everyone I passed. This team is truly amazing. I have never seen everyone at any business all so friendly and cheerful. The location was perfect for us about 100 yards from I75 exist at 16 mile road. Our room was spacious and very clean. We were in a King suite. Two TV's couch fridge, microwave, coffee and a very comfortable bed. Numerous pillows of different thicknesses so you can find one that's right for you. They have a hospitability hour at 5:30 with food & drinks including, beer, wine, and well drinks all for free, and their breakfast was also very good, with eggs, sausage, fruit, muffins, biscuits and gravy, again all free. The thing that stood out to both me and my wife was the courteous and friendly staff. A definite re-stay and recommendation.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I was in Troy with my son for a hockey tournament. We got a great overnight rate with CAA/AAA, and were very pleased with all aspects of this hotel. The stay included evening buffet, including 3 bar drinks, and also included hot breakfast. And if that wasn't what you were looking for, the hotel is also attached to a TGI Friday's restaurant.

This hotel appears to have been recently renovated and the rooms, hallways, front lobby looked brand new.

The staff at this hotel went over and above the level of friendliness and service I have ever seen. A manager was going around talking to patrons during hot breakfast buffet and offering to top up their orange juice and coffee. The front desk helped me get some milk for a late night snack for my son, and they also helped me out by allowing a late check out because of the times of my son's hockey on the last morning of our stay.

We will be back to this hotel whenever we have a tournament in Troy!

Room Tip: Freeway/Interstae sound wasn't an issue when we stayed, but you may want ot request a room not f...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JJLD
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I have been a frequent traveler to the Detroit area and always look forward to the TROY DRURY Family greeting...Lulie, AIda, JOe, Ruth Kay , Norbert, and more...every single employee there is trained to greet guests by name, making for a true family atmosphere...and, now with totally refurbished rooms..it ranks right up there with the best, more expensive nearby hotels..can't say enough good things abiout DRURY TROY

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MichiganFrancophile
Reviewed 3 May 2013

What a great stay the Drury Inn in Troy, MI was. We were very impressed with the hotel room, the service and the extras. There were 12 of us in total. The price was just right. The drinks each evening were a pleasant surprise. The all-you-can eat breakfast offered much more than we expected. We came across great deals at the Great Lakes Crossing Mall... and came back to the hotel to relax in comfort. The hotel manager was working with the staff. He took the time to greet us and served the refreshments. All were very friendly, hard working and efficient. They certainly went above and beyond. The hotel was spotless (and busy). We will most certainly be coming back. It was one of the best hotel stays we have had. We recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Esther B
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Drury Inn this week. I had not stayed in a Drury Inn before and was very impressed. The room was quiet both insulated from external noise even though close to highway and no noise from the heating/aircon. Really important as I had come in from Europe, needed to sleep and often there is lots of noise from aircon, ice machines and traffic. The room was modern and well equipped, the bathroom had soap shower gel shampoo, conditioner and a modern shower control that adjusted flow and temperature independently. Breakfast was included with fruit, cereal, juice, scrambled eggs, diced ham grated cheese, coffee bagels,...Amazingly dinner was included at 5.30pm, pasta, italian meatballs, hot dogs, 3 beers, glass of wine. OK this is not fine diining but it was good quality and if you are working and want to eat quickly it was great value. Everyone was so friendly, smiling and wanted to help. A great travel experience booked at short notice. Also so many hotels say leave your towel on the rack and we wont wash it to be good for the environment - and then wash everything anyway. Here I left my towels on the rail and they helped preserve the environment, good job.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business