“The best hotel for our team”

Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Naperville, Illinois
“The best hotel for our team”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Loved ,loved ,loved
Our 3 teams was having tournament this weekend and only I can tell its the best hotel ever.
Clean ,nice ,and friendly .
Food was good for breakfast and in the evening ,the happy hour for adults was big plus.
Thanks a lot ,we will be back.
Naperville IL

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Czech first
Lansing, MI
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My husband and I stayed one night at the Drury. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were very spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable. The bathrooms were quite small though. My only complaint is that there were a lot of kids outside our room in the morning yelling and playing. We were already up and didn't complain but we weren't that far from the front desk so surprised management didn't put a stop to it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 October 2013

It's been a few years since I discovered the Drury Inns. I stayed here during a recent continuing ed class at SAE and was reminded of what great hotels the Drury Inns are. Friendly, helpful staff. Excellent free hot breakfast, free hot snacks (nearly a full meal) in the evening with three free drinks offered and up to one hour of free long distance calls. This is an older property, but it's very well maintained and clean. The rate offered to SAE members was very competitive. It simply doesn't get any better than this.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Engineerdon33333
Cumberland, Rhode Island, United States
Reviewed 25 October 2013

This hotel is crisp, clean, and well appointed. They also have a solid hot (free) breakfast, very fast wireless internet speeds, and free hot food (and beer) at night.

But that's not what got me to post my first ever review on TripAdvisor:

I left the lights on in my rental car on my 2nd night. The battery was dead when I came out the next day. I went up to the front desk- and Michael listened intently to my situation. I fully expected him to tell me to call AAA. Nope.

He went around asking the rest of the staff to borrow jumper cables, and then sent Tony and Tahir out with the Drury shuttle bus to jump me. Wow!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Jeff W
Owen Sound, Canada
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We have stayed at this hotel before and highly recommend it. The hotel is clean, comfortable and the staff are amazing. We loved the breakfast and snacks at supper. The food was plentiful, delicious and very filling. The manager Joe was extremely cordial. We couldn't believe he actually cleared tables and swept the floor. He was very helpful to us in finding shopping, etc. The front desk staff and food staff were very friendly and always smiling. Thanks Joe and staff for a great stay. See you next year on our annual shopping trip.

Room Tip: We had the suite as I was with my daughter and granddaughter. It was great!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank GAIL M
lasalle ontario
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed for the "Canadian weekend' and we have to give this hotel top marks!Manager Joe and his staff really go out of their way to make your stay a wonderful one!Check In was very pleasant and efficient. Room that we booked (large suite) was spotless and had easy access to everything... and 2 big flat screen tv's!!...The breakfast that is included was really good with hot oatmeal ,scrambled eggs, fresh fruit and everything that you need....It's great that they have a "Happy hour" in the evening with great snacks and cocktails or soda...whatever you want...Staff kept hearing from the Canadians that "there would never be anything like this back home "and it's true....They even let us check out late so that we could get in a last couple of hours of shopping on our last day...I have stayed at 5 star hotels in Toronto and you do not get the PERSONAL TOUCH that the Drury gives you.The staff make you feel right at home...Where else does the manager come over at breakfast and say a friendly HELLO!!For a wonderful getaway that is well priced I would recommend the Drury...There were a lot of happy guests during my stay....I really felt that the staff was trying their hardest to make me welcome....A+++

Room Tip: Suites are great and close to pool and door to outside parking....makes taking dog out easy..they ha...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank susan p
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Thank you,Joe Serrone, for the great weekend we had. Your staff was amazing. Thank you for fixing my computer. We arrived at 1:00 and we were given our room. The room was fantastic. They gave us shopping information. The breakfast was fantastic, and the kick back was great with the three drinks. The popcorn was also good. My husband has bladder cancer and this was our weekend to forget everything , which we did. We got a lot of shopping done and we were pleased with the prices. We are from Windsor and the stuff at Costco was amazing.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple