“What a great surprise!”

Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Our hotel night included 3 hospitality drinks and warm food in the evening, and a full breakfast in the morning. Comfortable beds, nice bath, nice size rooms. It was a disappointment that the TV did not have movie channels, only HBO.
TGI Friday restaurant is attached, which was convenient.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank betty b

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I'd not stayed in a Drury Inn before and have to say that I was more than pleased with the accommodations, service and amenities. It was a last-minute trip and we booked late in the afternoon for that night. We booked online and they didn't have the room we'd reserved when we arrived so they promptly upgraded us to a suite...quite nice and very spacious. We were surprised by the evening "snack" which turned out to be a meal for most people. Wine/beer was included. The lounge areas were partitioned so everyone was quite cozy in upholstered chairs or at tables...our choice. Morning breakfast was a very good buffet with a wide selection of hot and cold food.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel because the company I was visiting had a discounted rate and will never stay again. The hotel was clean & the breakfast good, but I could hear every door opening & closing, my neighbors talking on the phone & all street noise even on the 4th floor. The bed was awful & pillows were lumpy. My back is killing me & I'm totally going back to the Marriott Courtyard where my company has a discounted rate and I can get a good night's rest.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Amy F
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Thank you for choosing Drury Hotels! We appreciate hearing from our guests. We are happy to hear you found the hotel to be clean and that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. We are sorry to hear, though, your neighbors were loud and the mattress and pillows were not to your satisfaction. It is our mission for guests to enjoy a comfortable and relaxing stay and your comments will help us achieve these goals.

We truly appreciate your business and we hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs. Thank you once again.

Joe Del Serrone

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Recently spent a weekend here as the Hostess of our Company's Annual Bus Tour.
You can't find a better place to stay than this Drury or in Troy, Michigan!
Reasonably priced, free breakfast, free dinner, and clean! There was nothing missing in this room that included a microwave and min-fridge. Add to that a indoor pool and hot tub and for adults they offer an adult swim time nightly from 10 to 11 p.m. Two wonderful nights spent here!
Friendly staff as suggested in other reviews...Their staff is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!
I wondered if their General Manager Joe Del Serrone ever goes home as he seems to be there when needed helping 24/7 assisting with breakfast duties from 7 to 10 a.m. and over the dinner hour from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Also you can't find nicer and more pleasant front desk personnel than Kay, Victoria and Erin. And I absolutely adored Assitant GM Ruth McBride - full of life and like all, couldn't do enough for our group of 56 from the minute we got off the bus! Thank you Drury, we will be back and can't wait to stay in another Drury because our stay with you and your location has made the Drury our new favourite US chain of hotels! Thanks again!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor. It is was great. Yes, the odd child (from one of many sports team) ran...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Donnad9
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Loved ,loved ,loved
Our 3 teams was having tournament this weekend and only I can tell its the best hotel ever.
Clean ,nice ,and friendly .
Food was good for breakfast and in the evening ,the happy hour for adults was big plus.
Thanks a lot ,we will be back.
Naperville IL

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My husband and I stayed one night at the Drury. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were very spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable. The bathrooms were quite small though. My only complaint is that there were a lot of kids outside our room in the morning yelling and playing. We were already up and didn't complain but we weren't that far from the front desk so surprised management didn't put a stop to it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2013

It's been a few years since I discovered the Drury Inns. I stayed here during a recent continuing ed class at SAE and was reminded of what great hotels the Drury Inns are. Friendly, helpful staff. Excellent free hot breakfast, free hot snacks (nearly a full meal) in the evening with three free drinks offered and up to one hour of free long distance calls. This is an older property, but it's very well maintained and clean. The rate offered to SAE members was very competitive. It simply doesn't get any better than this.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business