“Much more than a mid- grade hotel, so glad to be their customer!”

Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Much more than a mid- grade hotel, so glad to be their customer!”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Great hotel! We stayed Fri.-Sat. as a mini staycation. Kids had fun and I was happy too! Excellent staff from front desk and beyond. Nothing fancy in rooms but very clean. Comfortable queen beds/pillows, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, hair dryer, free wi-fi & flat screen. Really good dinner buffet (includes bar beverages!) and hot breakfast buffet with lodging. Entree selections suited for children and adults. Fountain Pepsi products (iced tea too), apple juice, orange juice, coffee/tea and freshly popped popcorn available at all times. Pool/hot tub was clean, right temperature and stocked at all times with clean towels. Definitely a great value. I will stay at this location again and will promote their other locations when traveling. Again, nothing fancy but a great value, very clean, accommodating and such a friendly staff!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Czech first
Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We decided to stay over for a hockey tournament at the last minute on a very busy Canadian Holiday weekend.

This hotel was packed.

My husband has stayed with the chain before, this was my first time and it won't be my last.

Hospitable, clean, above all expectations and a fun filled night.

I have but one complaint. Coming from Canada, cell service is at a mint. When finally at a hotel (and at 140.00 no less), I expect wifi to be good. I couldn't even check my facebook without the Wifi going out. This is how we connect with people at home without breaking the bank. The Wifi has to be better for me to want to stay there for a whole weekend. I can't even imagine trying to stay on a business trip and trying to get work done while on that connection.

We ended up in a two room suite. I would stay in one again. That was fantastic. If the wifi worked properly , I would have given this an excellent rating.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank hckym0m
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. I was excited to read that this was your first time to stay with us and that you found the hotel to be “hospitable and clean.” I am, however, sorry to hear you had difficulties with the hotel’s WiFi. We are showing no problems with our WiFi, so if you could please contact us and let us know the room number you stayed in, we would greatly appreciate it. This will allow us to look into this in more detail.

Thank you in advance, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you return to the Troy area.

Joe Del Serrone
Toronto
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed at the Drury Inn for the first time in May 2014. A friend and I stayed there for our shopping weekend. This hotel was reasonably priced and centrally located. We did a full day at Great Lakes Crossing and then a day at Sommerset Mall. This hotel is right off the highway and makes it easy to get to many stores.
The hotel was clean, staff were very friendly and they offer a happy hour and full breakfast with stay. We didn't make it into the pool, but it looked nice. They even offered popcorn and pop in the evenings. The water pressure in the shower was great as well and the room had everything we needed including a bar fridge, free internet and some free minutes of long distance calling.
I would 100% recommend this hotel and stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions when returning to Michigan to visit friends and
relatives. They continue to have comfortable rooms, accommodating staff and great free breakfasts included in your room cost. The 5:30 p.m. (Lite dinner) is also a bargain and included in your room cost. So all in all it is a bargain to stay here. It is located very near expressway access and shops. The only small problem I had on this last stay is that they have a computer internet room with two computers to use. However, while I was there (for 5 days) one of the computers was not working when I arrived and still was not repaired when I left!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. I was happy to read that you found our rooms comfortable, the staff accommodating and the free breakfast great. I am, however, sorry to hear you had a concern with one of the computers located in the business center. Please note, as soon as we discovered there was a problem, a brand new computer was ordered and it had not yet been delivered. Again, my apologies for any inconvenience you may have encountered and we look forward to being at your service the next time you return to the Troy area.

Joe Del Serrone
ontario, canada
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Very nice. Clean, updated, and free buffet breakfast. There is also a free 'happy hour', and you are allowed 3 mixed drinks, wine, beer, etc. each evening, plus a light dinner with salad, soup, some sort of pasta, hot dogs, etc.

There are a lot of sports tournaments that book here, and it can get a little rowdy. Just call the front desk - they now have security staff that will stop the noise immediately. The staff is great, and a pleasure to talk to.

We didn't try the pool or hot tub, but it looked great too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed only 1 night (traveled for a high school water polo tournament), but had a wonderful experience. The hotel itself was in great shape, with clean and comfortable rooms. The included breakfast was better than many I've had at other hotels; due to the game schedule we didn't get a chance to try the evening reception/Kick Back. But as many other reviewers have mentioned, the thing that really made this hotel stand out was the staff. Everyone was friendly and helpful--we encountered several different staff at the front desk over the course of our stay and all were terrific. They didn't even blink an eye when we showed up with catered food at 9:30 pm for our athletes, and took over the reception area. Overall a very good value and a pleasure to do business with the staff. Highly recommend!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Maureen N
Aurora, Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

This was out second stay at this Drury Inn in Troy Michigan while at a local hockey tournament.

The hotel was great again. Great rooms, friendly staff, great service, reasonable dinner and reception, and a nice breakfast in the morning. All for a reasonable price, which is all great when staying overnight for a hockey tournament with hungry kids and tired parents.

Pool area was nice as well.

Stayed April 2014