“Wonderful!”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Holland, Michigan
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 1 November 2010

My husband and I planed on staying here for only one night. We were sent an email about staying another night at a lower rate. We had a 2 room suite with a jacuzzi. It was a beautiful room. They also serve a hot breakfast, popcorn and drinks most of the day and a snack (what i would call a meal). Durring the snack they even served free alcoholic beverages. This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Czech first
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 6 October 2010

We stayed at the Drury with our son and daughter-in-law for one night before attending a family event on Sunday. We were very pleased with the cleaniness and size of the room. When I made the reservation, I asked for 2 king bed rooms on a high floor. We arrived close to 7 p.m. and got exactly what we asked for! They even placed our two rooms closed to together. Unfortunately, we missed the Happy Hour so we went to the attached TGI Fridays for a snack after check-in. We did, however, partake of the delicious breakfast the next morning. We had stayed at a Drury Inn in Memphis sesveral years ago and I was pleased to see one in Michigan. We would have paid a lot more at one of the other Chain Hotels. We will definitely stay at a Drury Inn in the future.

This one is located near the Somerset Mall in Troy with more shops than you could ever go to in one day!

Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed 6 October 2010

My sisters and I spent the night of Sept. 30 at the Troy Drury Inn and we had a wonderful experience.
The complimentary Happy Hour drinks and appetizers were plentiful and delicious. The complimentary breakfast was excellent as well.
The guest rooms were nicely decorated, clean and quiet.
The dining and sitting area are newly decorated and very comfortable. It was just what we were looking for to visit and talk.
All of the staff we encountered were friendly, courteous and helpful. I would like to give special recognition to Joe (the manager?) Chris (food service) and the bartender (whose name, I unfortunately have forgotten.)
We found your Inn to be the perfect place for the 6 of us to relax and reconnect. Lovely place.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank rose62048
Saginaw, Michigan
Reviewed 13 September 2010

I am a sucker for a good deal and I found one! Between the breakfast, popcorn in lobby and the "happy hour" we didn't even have to buy a meal out during our stay. The hotel is very nice, clean and even has a recliner in the room. My only suggestion is if you have trouble walking, the handicapped room they put us in at first was WAY down the hall. Be sure to ask for a close by room if you need to. By the time I got there I was about to give up and go home. They gladly moved us to another room though and all was well.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank Dedecee
Byron Center, Michigan
Reviewed 30 August 2010

good quality motel. drury inn only has 2 motels in michigan. one in frankenmuth and one in troy. they serve a hot breakfast, albeit wierd eggs, and have kick-back snacks 5:30-7 every night, which is more like a meal w chile dogs, chicken fingers, nachos, salad, baked potaoe, chips, etc. i especially like the soda machine that is open from 3-7. popcorn is always available. makes this place great for families. we had the e-rate of $76.00. for this rate, the rooms are small-2 doubles. the beds were average. night was quiet, staff friendly. the manager was really a fantastic pr person. he visited and helped out w the kick back snacks and was interactive and informative. you could tell he has a passion for his job and enjoys people. it was a rare thing to see, really. we were duly impressed. check in and out was easy. parking convienent. good reliable motel. not on the upper end of elegant or anything, but clean and not out-dated. very large and comfortable lounge area. and don't forget all the food you get! we skipped supper and had the meal here. this can amount to a heap of savings with a family. oh-and the 2 computers in a little room actually worked and were fast! printed free. TGIF is hooked on next door.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank emptywallet
Columbus, OH
Reviewed 19 August 2010

We were on our way up to Canada for vacation and took a one night stop in Detroit to see the Henry Ford Museum. Unfortunately it is not right downtown - it's north of the city a bit - but that is the ONLY downside of our hotel (that's the only ding I gave the rating). If you plan on getting around by car anyway, it's worth it to get to this place. Everything else was amazing. We had a WONDERFUL 2 room suite that was perfect for us, since we didn't want to spend our vacation, if possible, sharing a room with my three children. We got a very good rate for our room, even though we were walk-in, no AAA or anything, which was a good rate just for the room, but then, after checking in, the surprise and the fun started. A GREAT pool and hot tub. Free "snacks" that ran during the dinner hour...and included chili dogs, chips, baked potatoes, salad, pop, juice, popcorn...hello? Can we say DINNER IS SERVED? A card for each adult to be redeemed for free wine or beer during the "snack" time. (I will say, the cafe room was crowded and even my 8 year old wondered why everyone was being so loud...I resisted answering, "because all the grown ups are getting happy!") Back in the room for the night after a swim, we all sat down and watched a movie on the big flat screen TV, popped some popcorn in the suite's microwave, ordered up some brownies for dessert from TGIFriday's (attached to the hotel) and then went to sleep in the comfortable and quiet room. The next morning, we enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast back down in the cafe room. Omelets, waffles, french toast, fruit, yogurt, it's all there.

With the exception of the room service I ordered from Friday's, we spent not a dime from the time we checked in to the time we left. I'd never been to or barely heard of Drury Inn hotels before, but if all Drury Inn hotels are this way, you'd better believe from now on, this is going to be the FIRST hotel I look up when I need one. Loved every bit of it.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank DJGMomof3
Warsaw, Indiana
Reviewed 1 August 2010

I stayed here for 5 night for a business trip in May. A very nice comfortable clean room. Very good staff. They have food and drinks every day from 5:30 to 7:00pm. A varity of chicken strips, meat balls, baked potatoes, cheese sauce, egg rolls, chips, salsa, tossed salad, hot dogs....They also have draft beer, wine, a few liquiors and mixers. You are allowed 3 per day. Also soft drinks and juice available. Some guests appeared to have this for their dinner.

If you did not want to have the snacks you could walk to the attached TGI Fridays or other nearby restaurants.

I enjoyed staying at the Drury Inn very much. I would choose them again whether for a business or personal stay.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business