Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Troy
US$306
  • Pool
US$81
US$78
Quality Inn Detroit - Troy(Troy)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$76
QualityInn
US$135
US$126
  • Breakfast included
US$196
US$130
All reviewstypical courtyardhockey teammain leveltwo adults and two childreninner courtyardstayed herenice hotelteams stayingbeer and wineincluded breakfastnice optionwould stay here againfront desk staffi highly recommend this hoteldetroit zooupon checkmini fridge
Reviewed 21 July 2014

In my experience,Marriott always does a good job. This hotel is located in a semi-industrial area of greater Detroit. The hotel was clean, and well kept. The pool area and spa were very well kept and even included a lift for handicapped individuals. The Bistro served tasty meals at a competitive price. Mine was not the most comfortable bed I have slept in, but adequate for the three days I spent there. Helpful and courteous staff made our stay even more enjoyable.There is a Chinese restaurant about 300 feet from the hotel that is one of the best I have ever eaten in. The Troy Mall is one of the largest in the area, for those who enjoy shopping.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is an older hotel that appears to be well maintained with very friendly, exceptional service.

The room was decently furnished. Decor was a tad dated but decently maintained although the furniture had relatively minor wear and tear issues.

The bed was comfortable. The TV was a flat screen and had around 40 cahnnels, some in HD and some not (that should have been).

The bathroom was rather large with the vanity in an area outisde of the room containing the tub and toilet. That made it convenient for two people to get ready at the same time.

Our room had a sliding glass door to the outside, but we had no porch. Apparently, the outside facing rooms don't have this feature, just the rooms thatr face the courtyard.

Speaking of courtyard, that was nice. It had plenty of seating. Great place to relax with a drink.

The lobby was updated. They had a large touchscreen montior that displayed weather and news highlights. The lobby had a small sundry shop as well as a limited service restaurant. Didn't eat at the restaurant because the prices looked high for what it was.

What striked me was how approachable the staff was and how they bent over backwards to accomomdate. I needed band aids, they gave them to me; I went in the wrong direction to get ice, they got me some; I needed more coffee, they sent someone to my room to bring me some. Housekeeping left a nice note telling me they hoped I was enjoying my stay, which was nice.

The establishment is oddly located on an east-west road that is between two exits off of I-75. Nothing is very far away, but there is nothing immediately around it except for several office buildings. This is probably why I got such a good deal on Priceline and why they go the extra mile to provide good service to try to capture business.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the inner courtyard so you get a balcony/porch with chairs.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Hot water tank broke at home and needed a good night's sleep witha hot shower. Staff were extremely polite and courteous along with a super clean hotel that didn't have a hotel smell to it. Room was exactly as pictured online and in room temperature control for AC was fantastic. Requested a 3rd floor room and couldn't have been happier except for the balcony not having any chairs to sit on outside. Only complaint was the hot elevator which needs a cooling system and maybe some tuning to allow for a smoother ride, but other than completely satisfied.

Room Tip: If you want a court view ask for a courtside room otherwise you maybe facing a park lot or business building complex.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I have stayed here several times over the years and it is always a pleasure. They recently remodeled the lobby and it looks beautiful. I needed to extend my stay and the staff was very courteous.
Had a sandwich and a beer and the food quality was excellent and the beer was cold!
Great loacation for me, but it's not that far from a ton of restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is the second time I stayed at this hotel and I was very pleased both times. The staff is very nice and the rooms are kept very clean. I will put this on one of my favorite lists of places to stay when I go to,visit my son in Michigan!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family