“For the cost, good value”

Candlewood Suites Detroit - Troy
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed 12 November 2011

The bed was comfortable with a great, firm mattress. The woman at the desk couldn't have been more accommodating . The room was very clean. We did have to move because our first room had a thermostat that wasn't working, but we were moved quickly and with a pleasant attitude on the part of the desk clerk. There is no coffee downstairs nor is there a continental breakfast. But for this price, really, it was fine.

Room Tip: As another traveler mentioned, the room smell could be unpleasant depending on what was cooked. Our...
Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
YoYoManDTW, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Detroit - Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2015

Psalmreader

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry for the delay on replying to your review but their were technical reasons not allowing us to respond to reviews over a year. Nevertheless thank you for making the effort. We really appreciate your business and if you are ever back in the Troy, MI area we would love to see you back.

Reviewed 23 July 2011

The room was clean. The front desk staff was great.
But, perhaps, because it was an extended stay hotel, someone's cooking smell was very strong and it bothered me enough that I couldn't sleep well. Just for your information.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank nncbubblegum
YoYoManDTW, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Detroit - Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2015

nncbubblegum,

First of all I know it's been a LONG time since your stay but I just wanted to let you know that I am sorry we did not exceed your expectations. I can tell you that we are currently under new management and we have been completely renovated since your last stay. Again because it has been so long since your stay with us you may not even remember the treatment you experienced but I wanted to let you know that I would like one more chance to WOW you. Please email me at kevin.dombrow@ihg.com and lets discuss making a wrong.....right!

Reviewed 28 May 2011

1 bedroom suite is very good and it has everything you need for your long stay. if you are staying for more than 1 month you will get it at very reasonable price. Kitchen is the best part of this suite.
The only thing i did not like is the internet speed. they have the slowest possible speed of internet in the world. it takes about 3 minutes to open a single webpage. it cant even open youtube forget about streaming a video at this speed. And the attitude toward solving this issue makes you even crazy. every time you go and complain and they say we are working on it. I dont know if it really takes months for solving such issue. If you need internet during your stay then this is not a place for you. but if you dont then this can be a best place for you.

Room Tip: not for business people. no internet.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank sanditroy

sanditroy

Reviewed 4 May 2011

The room was spotless, and well kept... a little bit outdated but everything was working and in great condition. Really friendly staff. I read the other reviews before I went for my stay and to be honest was a little scared. Upon my arrival I was pleasantly surprised by the service and room. Its not a five star hotel by any means but it was a great deal for the price paid.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends

madiii

Reviewed 1 February 2011

The room decor is circa 1970 and the lighting and feel of the room is very cold. The carpets are not well cleaned (you wonder about putting your bag down on the floor). The fact that there is a VCR in the room speaks alot of the vintage (perhaps there is an 8 track tape player lurking somewhere in the closet). The gym is in good shape, and the laundry and mini market look clean and have a limited selection.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business

frequentflier1

Kevin Dombrow/Director of Sales

P.S. We are now renovated! We would love for you to see us now!

Reviewed 1 January 2011

called the front desk directly to facilitate reservation for my son. I wanted to speak directlly with the local front desk so as to pay ahead of time for the room since my son does not have a credit card. Reached the desk clerk and told her I wish to make a reservation. She states " I'm on my cigarrette break" and dumps me into the worldwide reservation system. For management's sake this event happened Saturday 1/01/11 at 2:20 pm. Needless to say I'm booking a room somewhere else.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business

William2853

Reviewed 27 December 2010

If you are in Troy, Michigan and there for a long stay, Candlewood Suites is the place to be because of its rate, location prefernce and the quality of service/failities. When I entered in the hotel late night around 2.10 AM, the best part I liked about hotel was extended check in. They had placed my keys and other documents in the safe locker right on dorr and shared a number with me to access it. I picked up my keys and entered the room. I was full of asleep and the white clean bead was inviting me. I still remember the comfore of the sleep. The best part is they provide option of pillows as per one's need. The hotel does not have restaurants but have a 24X7 candlewood cupboard for basic things like juice, milk, cookies, chips and chocolates. It has a gyma\nasium, and housekeeping is available for once a week. Toileteries and replenishments happen once a week but if required one can contact the front desk. It has a front office pamphlet stand where one can pick up the different information about detroit and windsor and staff will be happy to help anyone and arrange for the cabs. All in all staff is very friendly and helpful. The best part about hotel is proximity to the Walmart store which is opened till 9.30 PM. Its at walking distance and you can walk for your daily needs.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business