“Excellent Hotel for business travelers”

Candlewood Suites Detroit - Troy
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I stay here frequently and the rooms are very nice and comfortable. It is nicely decorated and very quiet. The bed is a pillow top and great for sleeping.

My only suggestion would be to make the Internet service faster. It is to slow for more intensive Internet use beyond reading email.

Would highly recommend staying here, great value for the price.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Edward G
YoYoManDTW, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Detroit - Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2015

EdwardG

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry for the delay on replying to your review but their were technical reasons not allowing us to respond to reviews over a year. Nevertheless thank you for making the effort. We really appreciate your business and if you are ever back in the Troy, MI area we would love to see you back.

There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Detroit - Troy

Reviewed 31 January 2013

Rooms are updated and very clean. Staff is friendly and helpful. Price is good. Good area. One of the best places we have ever stayed. The rooms are all suites with kitchen units. We did not need this for just an overnight stay, but it was nice to have the extra room. Beds were VERY comfortable and room quiet. Free washer and dryers for those that are staying longer.

We HIGHLY recommend you check this place out for a short stay or a longer one.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sue42139

sue42139

Reviewed 1 January 2013

We always stay at the Candlewood Suites every time we visit Detroit/Troy, which makes it 7 or 8 times now. We've always found it a great value. The hotel has recently undergone major renovations and updated just about everything - rooms, decor, baths, hallways, carpet...etc...We were quite impressed. The kitchenette is great while traveling with a baby. Since we travel to Detroit area to shop, I find location is good...close to Somerset Collection, near the highway to get to Auburn Hills and beyond. Free parking, free wifi, free laundry facilities. Weekly housekeeping could be a negative if you are staying more than a couple of nights. The staff are always friendly.

We will come back to this hotel any time we're in Detroit.

Stayed: December 2012

Iainie78,

Reviewed 19 December 2012

Strongly discourage anyone from using Candlewood Suites - Troy. We left after finding garbage left in the room and the sheets were literally stained. There is maid service only once a week and there is no night clerk to assist you. We left at 1:30 a.m. on the first of a two night stay - and get this - Candlewood had the nerve to charge me for the second night. Travelocity was no help, and so I've had to file a complaint with the Better Buisness Bureau to get the second night credited back to my credit card. It's one thing to deny a refund if the traveler's plans change through no fault of the hotel, but it's quite another for the traveler to have to seek other accommodations because the hotel failed to provide a clean, sanitary room.

There are lots of nice hotels in Troy. Candlewood is NOT one of them. Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Christopher G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Detroit - Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Dear Christopher G,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. Please accept my sincere apology for the overall dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay and I regret your stay was negatively affected by the cleanliness of our rooms. I will assure you that this is an isolated case and I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 19 November 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last year and enjoyed our stay, so we decided to stay here again. I purchased the room online and put a note under special cirsumstances saying that we have two pets. I got to the hotel after a long drive and paid for the room. There was this guy that worked there that seemed to be following us around. When we got in the room, the lady at the desk called us about the dogs. She made it seem like we were trying to sneek our dogs in. Very uncomfortable and makes me not want to stay there again. I do travel to Michigan several times a year, so they will be missing business because of their creepiness.

Room Tip: You have to pay for your own coffee and tea, so be sure to bring your own.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Detroit - Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2012

Dear Dawn S,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. It is pleasing to know that you enjoyed the room accommodations you received. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the staff may have caused during your stay. I understand the discomfort that this may have caused you and your comments will be relayed to them so that they can further improve their service.

We hope to have another chance of hosting you should your travels bring you back to Troy.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 10 November 2012

I stay at this location fairly often and everytime I go it gets better. The property itself is beautiful. Everything is clean and up to date. The rooms are impeccable. Newly renovated...gotta love the hardwood floors and beautiful cabinets. The kitchenette is so convenient to make a quick meal or snack. The best part of this hotel is the staff. Maria at the front desk always takes great care of me. She is so kind and a great person to chat with. I also love Jaime! She is a riot. I highly reccomend this hotel to anyone traveling to this area.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Christie L

Christie L,

Reviewed 29 October 2012

We are staying at Candlewood Suites Troy for 7 weeks. Made an request for additional blanket for my child due to cold weather however the hotel staff said they do not have blanket! Very unfriendly service and will not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank ClaireNeo

Claire Neo,

I know its been a long time since your stay but words cannot describe how horrible I feel that we did not exceed your expectations. I know its a long shot but we would love for you to give us a second chance. Sorry again.