“Great stay!!!”
Review of Somerset Inn

Somerset Inn
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I stayed here for a long weekend during a convention and had a great experience. Very close to Somerset Mall. Rooms where above average for a 3 star and the restaurant had great breakfast and onion soup. The hotel manager was wonderful. Very kind. Would I stay here again??? Sure, why not?? :)))

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank opasna24
SomersetTroy, Director of Sales at Somerset Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

Dear Opasna24,
It was great to hear from you. We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay; and we're even happier that you plan to return. Thank you for your kind review and we'll hope to see you soon!
Warm regards, The Somerset Staff

Reviewed 1 October 2012

When we checked in, the staff gave my mom an upgrade to a ground floor suite in celebration of her 90th birthday. They also treated her to breakfast and put congratulatory signs up in the lobby and elsewhere. This made the occasion extra special, and thanks Somerset Inn. Mom's room was clean, quiet, comfortable, and spacious. My son's and my rooms were on the 8th floor, and appeared clean and nicely decorated in a modernistic way. The bed was quite comfortable. The only down side was that I could hear the snoring in the next room. That and the quite audible cycling of my air conditioner made it kind of hard to get to sleep.

We had breakfast on two mornings and were extremely happy with the service and food. I had a delicious lox and bagel plate with capers, tomato slices, hard cooked egg, herbed cream cheese. My son had a great Belgian waffle topped with a plentitude of ripe sliced strawberries.
Fit for a king! The restaurant was attractive and quiet, which we liked. My sister commented that the restaurant would make a great spot for a luncheon while shopping the mall.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
SomersetTroy, Director of Sales at Somerset Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate the thoughtful comments that you shared about our hotel and staff; but more importantly, thank you for celebrating your mom's 90th birthday at the Somerset Inn. We will hope to see you all again, soon. Kind regards, The Somerset Staff

Reviewed 24 September 2012

I spent one night at the Somerset Inn last Thursday, and it was fine, above-average, for my purposes. The parking was free, and the room was clean, quiet, and dark. There was free wi-fi, and the connection wasn't bad. The staff was courteous. Room service was prompt, and the food was average. Check-out was quick and easy. The location is really convenient to the Somerset Collection, restaurants, etc. My only major complaint was the terrible water pressure in the shower. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank K G

Dear K G, Thank you for your kind review of the Somerset Inn. We are pleased that you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel. We too enjoy our location next to the Somerset Collection. It's one of the best attributes of our hotel.

Regarding the water pressure, rest assured we will correct the issue; thanks for letting us know.

On behalf of the Somerset Inn, thank you once again for sharing your thoughtful remarks.
Kind regards, The Somerset Inn Staff

Reviewed 22 September 2012

I just checked into the hotel one hour ago and thought I must write a review right away because I'm quite unsatisfied with the place. It's an old hotel and you can really see the age of the place. It has a dark lobby, dark hallways, dark elevator, and dark rooms. Some of the lights in our room were a flourescent color so it gives the room a really cold feeling. There's a mild dusky moldly smell in our room that's usually associated with older hotels. The bathroom is small but clean. Overall, the hotel would have been average about 10-20 years ago, but now the only redeeming quality is that the location is right next to the Somerset mall. It doesn't include breakfast either. Also, the wireless internet is really really slow!

In contrast, I've stayed at Homewood Suites by Hilton, and Embassy Suites by Hilton, which are both really really nice for their price. They were both slightly cheaper than Somerset Inn, and they include breakfast. They are newer, really bright and clean, smells good, and well-decorated. They also have free and fast wireless internet. I would have stayed there but they were fully booked and I had to book Somerset last minute :(

If you have a choice, do not go to Somerset! I'd definitely recommend Homewood Suites and Embassy Suites over Somerset.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We recently had a wedding in the family so we reserved rooms at the Somerset Inn in Troy, mi. They were fantastic. Every person's reservation was good, the rooms were very nice, the staff was outstanding, and we had no complaints from all 9 of our friends.I find that to be remarkable.

The inn is in the heart of Troy, convenient to shopping and restaurants

We had a great time and will certainly stay here again

Room Tip: We had friends all over the Hotel, front, back first floor to the 11'th floor and all were pleas...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Old fashioned and dark rooms. The room was not well cleaned up when I arrived. Dirty towels in the bathroom. Air-conditioning Too strong, the room was very cold. Service absolutely average. The hotel bar - terrible, all over 70-80s style.
The elators were not working when I left, I had to take a dirty service elevator.
Positive point - just in front of the shopping center.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Martina P
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I had attended somerset inn before for a wedding and actually stayed there as well, this hotel has very high expectations considering its across from one of michigan's best mall. Last Saturday me and my fiance had reserved a room they were one of the only hotels that even had any rooms available. The check in was fast, our room was located near a door and exit door i believe i don't remember but of course you hear people in and out cause of the door slamming i over looked it i was tired whatever. Around 5am a LOUD thumping noise kept hitting our wall we called front desk they sent over two men to our room to proceed to try to "solve" the issue, the noise stopped then about eh 20 minutes later , remind you i couldn't go back to sleep but i hear a woman next to my hotel room Screaming during her sexual activity, I called front desk again and they said the only thing they could do was tell her to calm down.. the screaming went on for about a half hour. The room was $146.00 for one night.. biggest waste of my money ever! I will not be returning here, sure i was offfered a "free breakfest" how free? because i paid $146.00 dollars for a room to have some piece and quiet and i got anything but that. I will never ever return here again I have never dealt with this sort of issue, I work hard for my money and i expect to get at least some decent service, we were completely blown off whatever.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple