“4 nights, great hotel”
Review of Somerset Inn

Somerset Inn
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed 15 January 2013

While we were booked with a group we arrived 2 days early to visit some other attractions in Detroit. Very friendly courteous staff, nice room with comfortable bed. Location was great as we enjoyed a couple local dinners and walked the mall. When the rest of the group arrived, the hotel service for the large group, about 180 folks was top shelf. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
SomersetTroy, Director of Sales at Somerset Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

Thank you for taking your time to write such a complimentary review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and grateful that you shared your experience. We hope to see you again when you're back in our area. Kind regards, The Somerset Staff

Reviewed 8 December 2012

This appears to be a very old hotel that has been remodeled. I think they did the best they could with the remodel but the bathroom was 1960's size and the heat was one of those outside wall units like you used to find at the original Holiday Inns. The unit,was loud and the room would cycle from cold to hot. The price was appropriate for the room and staff were fine. I might try it again but will have lower expectations of what to expect.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2012

I stayed at the Somerset Inn in Troy for business. I also had a two day conference at the hotel as well. The rooms were clean and comfortable. All of the workers were kind and courteous. Room service was reasonably priced and tasted wonderful.

I would recommend the hotel for business travelers, if you can get a discounted rate. Full price seemed a little steep for me.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Great location, just across from beautiful somerset collection. I would just cross the street and be in the hotel in 2 minutes, no need for a car. Lots of restaurants around. Troy is a nice area.
The hotel is clean, rooms are pretty spacious and nicely decorated,the beds were soft which I didn't find comfortable since I like firmer mattresses. We had a nice view from our room on the 10th floor.
One thing I didn't like was the exit door of the room, my toddler could very easily open it and run in the hallway. There was no lock in the door to stop her.
There is no buffet for breakfast, it is a la carte and pretty expensive.
Would definitely go back to this hotel, it is the best one if you are planning to go to the mall.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2012

I recently stayed at Somerset Inn in Troy, MI for two nights. I was attending a conference at the hotel and stayed there as well. The room was on the 2nd floor and was great! It was very clean, included a refrigerator, Keurig coffee pot, comforting decor, nice size room, and the bed was very comfortable. My room was on the second floor. A friend of mine was on the 14th floor and her room was less impressive. Very small size room, no refrigerator, and only one bed. So my suggestion would be to verify when making the reservation the amenities your room will have. The hotel is an excellent location if you are going to visit Somerset Mall, this amazing mall is literally right across the street. Overall I was very pleased with this accommodation.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I stayed here for a long weekend during a convention and had a great experience. Very close to Somerset Mall. Rooms where above average for a 3 star and the restaurant had great breakfast and onion soup. The hotel manager was wonderful. Very kind. Would I stay here again??? Sure, why not?? :)))

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank opasna24
SomersetTroy, Director of Sales at Somerset Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

Dear Opasna24,
It was great to hear from you. We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay; and we're even happier that you plan to return. Thank you for your kind review and we'll hope to see you soon!
Warm regards, The Somerset Staff

Reviewed 1 October 2012

When we checked in, the staff gave my mom an upgrade to a ground floor suite in celebration of her 90th birthday. They also treated her to breakfast and put congratulatory signs up in the lobby and elsewhere. This made the occasion extra special, and thanks Somerset Inn. Mom's room was clean, quiet, comfortable, and spacious. My son's and my rooms were on the 8th floor, and appeared clean and nicely decorated in a modernistic way. The bed was quite comfortable. The only down side was that I could hear the snoring in the next room. That and the quite audible cycling of my air conditioner made it kind of hard to get to sleep.

We had breakfast on two mornings and were extremely happy with the service and food. I had a delicious lox and bagel plate with capers, tomato slices, hard cooked egg, herbed cream cheese. My son had a great Belgian waffle topped with a plentitude of ripe sliced strawberries.
Fit for a king! The restaurant was attractive and quiet, which we liked. My sister commented that the restaurant would make a great spot for a luncheon while shopping the mall.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
SomersetTroy, Director of Sales at Somerset Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate the thoughtful comments that you shared about our hotel and staff; but more importantly, thank you for celebrating your mom's 90th birthday at the Somerset Inn. We will hope to see you all again, soon. Kind regards, The Somerset Staff