“THEY GO THE EXTRA MILE”

Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“THEY GO THE EXTRA MILE”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I went there after I had a fire in my home. They were incredibly compassionate to my predicament. The manager gave me a special price, and they put me next to an exit, given my post-fire anxiety about being trapped in a building. The staff took a special interest in me, and everyone from managers to housekeeping went out of their way to see what they could do to help me. Room service was outstanding and the food was great. Of course, the room was clean, well decorated, and the location cannot be beat.

You will be doing yourself a huge favor by staying at the Somerset Inn.

~Kevin Roberts

Room Tip: All rooms are great! Not a bad room in the place.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Kevin R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Highland Park, Illinois
Reviewed 13 May 2013

The Somerset Inn next to the Somerset Mall the largest in the metropolitan Detroit area. It is close to the cities of Birmingham and Bloomfield Hills thus well located for the traveler. Although it has been updated, the rooms are small by today's standards. Free parking is conveniently located next to the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
De Pere, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Somerset Inn is a parking lot away from the south side of The Somerset Collection which is the "high end shopping" of the mall. An elevated walkway over Big Beaver Road takes you to the north side, beautiful shopping, no need for a car.
Room was updated, small but fine. Bathroom could have had a bigger vanity but manageable. Our A/C kept cycling on and off and was noisy, that's my only negative.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

I just stayed at this hotel during a girls weekend. What a great location to the mall! We just crossed the street and headed into Neimann Marcus from there! The beds were nice, curtains blocked out the sun in the AM, which is very important to me. I would say the only downfall of the actual rooms was the lighting, it was very dim in the hallway, not easy to use for make up especially when you have 4 women in one room trying to get ready all at once. We ate at the restaurant 2x and enjoyed it! However I think it was way overpriced. I would stay there again! :)

• Stayed April 2013
LaSalle, Canada
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Stayed one night Saturday March 23rd 2013. My sister made reservation by phone - ask for Canadian rate. Much better price and includes breakfast and a $20 prepaid Amex to use at the mall next door. Excellent location for shopping/dining/hanging out. The hotel had a free shuttle that we were able to use to get to our reservation at Benihana. The driver gave us his cell number than we just called him when we wanted to go back and then he dropped us off at another bar again. Very convienent ! The room was very nice and spacious - plenty of room for 3 women to get ready to go out. Lots of towels and was clean and well maintained. I would stay here again - probably not with my kids as there is no pool. The breakfast was great and well priced if you had to pay. Poached eggs and toast x2 (was exactly how I wanted it) and my sister had baked tomatoe cups with spinach and egg and steamed veggies - coffee, tea and 1 OJ came to $38. Quick service, whitle table clothes etc..

Room Tip: our room faced the courtyard - very quiet and the curtains blocked all sunlight
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Ontario
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This was a good hotel if you want to do some shopping. You can walk across the street to the Somerset Mall or a 20 minute drive to the Outlet mall. The room was large and the bed was comfy. Loved the Keurig machine. The bathroom is outdated but clean and functional. I took a peak at the gym and it looked well equipped. Overall, nothing fancy in the hotel, but clean and comfortable with a great location. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I would return.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Stayed here for access broadway. Everyone was sharing rooms and we wanted to split the room fees. She said no she couldn't so that until we checked out and she needed a card on file. I asked in front of my friend if my card would be charged she said no. I asked again to make sure and she said no. I get to my room and my husband calls about a large charge in our debit and she charged my card for the entire stay. I went down there to speak to them stating that I asked prior to giving them my card and basically they lied to me because then they told me oh, your debit does get charged then 3 days after you check out we reverse the charges. When I stated that now I have no access to the money. She said sorry and acted like it wasn't her problem. I have to deal with this place once a year but will never recommend to anyone!

• Stayed March 2013