Gordon Beach Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo(New Buffalo)(Great Value!)
US$105
Holiday Inn Express New Buffalo(New Buffalo)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$81
Bridgman Inn(Bridgman)
US$76
US$74
Hampton Inn La Porte(LaPorte)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$106
US$123
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 August 2012

The Gordon Inn is ideal for those seeking a convenient location and proximity to a very good restaurant. The staff are friendly. My room was sub-par, however, with a tiny bathroom and a thick coating of dust under the bed. The bed itself was comfortable but was oddly sloped and saggy. Strangest of all, the management opted to rent the lobby (adjacent to the guestrooms) to a birthday party, complete with a blues band playing so loudly I could hear every note they were playing right through the walls of my room. At some hotels and inns, $150 barely buys you a bed and a flat screen TV. At The Gordon Beach Inn it buys you live jazz while you're IN bed!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Dougvan
Reviewed 19 August 2012

It is really in need of upkeep. Bathroom could use some touching up and we could hear everyone staying there. The walls are paper thin and the bed was very uncomfortable. I will look around for a better place next time. It is not a cheap place money wise just living wise.

Room Tip: No good rooms
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank unclejeffy
Reviewed 14 August 2012

This was our first visit to the sandy beaches in Union Pier. We adore the laid back atmosphere and nearby attractions in New Buffalo. The Gordon Beach Inn was truly relaxing. If you love the sound of wooden floors under your feet and yesterday's charm, you'll love it here, too. Our room was clean, but we found the overall Inn needed maintenance and the grounds begged for attention. There was little attention paid to the exterior of the building. The grand front porch needed dusting and cleaning and the grounds were not manicured. The walk to the beach was pleasant and there were many cottages and homes to see along the way. Gordon Beach is amazing! The sand is brilliant white and it's clean. We love the area but on the next visit we will look for different lodging.

Room Tip: We booked a room that had a deck overlooking the very small back yard. Timothy's Restaurant also backed into the same yard. The deck needed cleaning.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Darci M
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I decided to surprise my wife for our anniversary. Thought it would be fabulous. Boy was I wrong. We showed up around 8 after driving for 3 hours. Unloaded our car and went to the room. What a joke. Small, outdated and tacky. Not like any of the three pictures that they show. Then we decide to go downstairs for dinner. We walk up to the reception desk at the restaurant and tell them we would like a table for two. The girl rudely tells us that "to eat HERE you meds a reservation". We just spent nearly $300 in there Inn and we can't even eat there. After carrying our luggage past tables in their lobby. Will never go back and recommend this place only to enemies.

• Stayed: July 2012
5  Thank Scooter481
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I didn't have the best experience here because the guests in the next room decided to make my friend's night and mine miserable since we were basically the only ones in the Inn, not there for a wedding. BUT, the staff was friendly and concerned. I told them not to worry about it and the Manager still sent me an apology and a discount for if I come back. Besides the guests next door, I had a positive experience with the place and staff.

• Stayed: June 2012