“Pleasant stay at Staybridge suites”

Staybridge Suites Detroit-Utica
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Utica
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel 4 times, for quite a long time. I stayed there during my business trips for about 2 months each stay. What was very nice is the location of this Hotel regarding the whole city. It is close to a road where lots of shops and restaurants are located, but even though it's close to this road, it's on a side, behind couple of other hotels so it isn't that loud there.
Staff is nice, there's an outdoor pool.
Can't tell bad word about that place.

Room Tip: Ask for the room pointing east side - these are the quiests rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed here 3 weeks. It was a great stay. The staff was always helpful and kind. Big thanks to Pamela (the sales manager) she not only booked our long stay but she always made sure we had everything we needed. They have some delicious dinners from tues~thurs for free! They have a great variety of coffee offered throughout the day for free as well! It's back from busy Utica road. Dave and Busters and a lot of restaurants in walking distance!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 10 May 2013

We have stayed at this hotel a few times when visiting family and I have to say that we are always impressed. Upon our arrival with our daughter, they upgraded us to a bigger suite - and that is the first time we have ever had that happen. The suite was extremely clean, and it was perfect for our family of three. We had a bedroom with a separate TV area and a pull out couch along with the kitchen. It was a perfect little getaway spot - and we didn't have to fight with our pre-schooler about which channel we were going to watch when we finally settled in for the night. The breakfast in the AM is great - we all found something we could eat - and the only "issue" was that there doesn't seem to be enough seating for everyone to sit and enjoy their meals. However, the coffee was fantastic and we did end up finding a spot to eat, and enjoyed it. Definitely recommend this hotel to any families that are travelling to this area - close to all amenities, and the service is great.

Room Tip: We liked being on the 2nd floor this time - the first floor is okay, but you smell the bacon from br...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
StaybridgeSuites85, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Detroit-Utica, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2013

sugarplum14 -

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. I will share your kind words with our staff. I understand our hot breakfast buffet is very well attended on the weekends. I apologize that you had to wait for seating to become available.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

Tired, older hotel Staybridge. Nice size rooms but in need of an overhaul. We stayed in a two bedroom suite which provided ample space for a family of four. Mattresses need replacing, time for new paint, carpet, bedding, etc. Pets are allowed along with their crap on the sidewalks. Better off looking for a newer hotel.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank joko8
StaybridgeSuites85, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Detroit-Utica, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Dear joko8 -

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor! We value your feedback and want every guest to receive a good value for their travel dollar. I am happy that our two bedroom/two bathroom suite was spacious enough to accommodate your family but sad to hear that you did not enjoy the decor. We have a wonderful space for our pets to be walked. I am very sorry that a guest did not follow our guidelines and the waste was not removed immediately.

In 2013 we will be receiving new bedding for all of the suites. I would welcome the opportunity to have you stay with us in the future. Please contact me if I can be of assistance.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

We recently stayed here when visiting the Auto Show this was in a great location with plenty of things to do and eat close by. We had the 2 bedroom suites which gave us lots of room. The breakfast was also good with plenty of options. The staff was also very accommodating to my needs. If ever in Detroit do stop by and stay awhile.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for the discounted rate if you prepay. You'll save a bundle
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MarilynsBoyz
StaybridgeSuites85, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Detroit-Utica, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

MarilynsBoyz -

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. The advance purchase rates are a smart approach to reserving a hotel room at a discounted rate. I will share your positive feedback with our staff.

Staybridge Suites Utica, Michigan

Reviewed 2 December 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night as we were in the area shopping. Our room was a queen one bedroom suite. It was huge. Full kitchen. Even had a dishwasher and garbarator. You could definitely have an extended stay. Our room was right beside the highway so lots of traffic noise. They had free coffee 24 hrs in lobby. Breakfast was the usual free buffet. Cold grainy eggs sausage bacon etc. the outdoor patio area looked nice. Good value for the money.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank welove2travel123
StaybridgeSuites85, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Detroit-Utica, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2012

welove2travel123 -

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the opportunity to accommodate you and value your opinion. Your statement that our hotel is "a good value for the money" is a very powerful one. We work hard to provide a comfortable hotel for all of our guests. Unfortunately, when the hotel is at capacity we do have to utilized the 5 highway side suites on each floor.

Please let me know if I can be of assistance with your future hotel needs. I would be happy to note your suite location preference on your reservation.

Reviewed 27 November 2012

What a pleasant surprise to actually be happy to return to our hotel suite each evening after a full day of travel and visiting. I originally booked this hotel on booking.com for $159 a night for a king size suite complete with kitchen and sitting area, and free wi-fi. When I needed to add two nights to my reservation I called Staybridge directly. They gave me a rate of $99 a night for the same room! This also included free breakfast ( better than some freebies) and free dinners three nights a week. Ok you might not want to eat hamburgers and bratwurst or salisbury steak, but they do give free dinners which is a first in my experience. The room was big, clean, quiet ( amidst a noisy world of malls), comfy bed and great shower head. I would not hesitate to stay at Staybridge again. What a deal!!

Room Tip: We stayed in #207 which was on the side away from busy M 53. We slept like a log.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
StaybridgeSuites85, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Detroit-Utica, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

GraftonLaurie -

Thank you for staying with us and posting a review on Trip Advisor. It was so great to hear that you looked forward to coming back to the hotel in the evening to relax and get comfortable. I was also pleased that you enjoyed your spacious suite and the ammenities we offer. Our staff will enjoy reading your review.

Paula Potter

Also consider these accommodations in or near Utica
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Utica
Comfort Inn Utica
Comfort Inn Utica
#3 of 7 in Utica
Hyatt Place Detroit / Utica
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit-Utica
Courtyard Detroit Utica
Hampton Inn Detroit / Utica - Shelby Township

Been to Staybridge Suites Detroit-Utica? Share your experiences!