Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit-Utica
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Utica
Reviewed 21 September 2011

we stayed at this property whilst shopping in michigan, we had gone to great lakes crossing outlets and somerset collection mall, hotel was very noisy at night, very unusual although our first time staying at this hotel, we were up all night as the noise was alot from upstairs people in the room. I had gone with my brother and his family so we talked to front reception, they were very nice and changed the rooms for us in the middle of the night, we had hardly any sleep but next morning they gave us a voucher for free hotel room for next time and they also refunded our money so very excellent customer service received. Very happy with the wonderful customer service they proved

Good property the rooms were very clean, just for this incident, of noise but all else was good

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 September 2011

Overall newer hotel with clean rooms, spacious rooms and flat screen tv. Hotel has only 1 elevator which can be congestive in the morning.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank FatherofIssac
Reviewed 14 March 2011

I know a lot of people avoid chains but this place is worth a try. I spent a month here and enjoyed the stay. The standard Holiday Inn Express breakfast needs more items in the rotation but you can always find something you like. The rooms are quiet and clean the location is great. Plenty of places to eat lunch/dinner near by. Very good staff.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank THETRUTH1952
Reviewed 31 December 2010

I stayed at this hotel in December last year for 4 days and three nights for business, and it was a pleasant surprise. Last year I got the room through Hotwire and this year via Travelocity, and the price of the room actually came down by about $10 per night. I do not know how they make money, but to me it was a true bargain. LAN cable in each room and it plugged into our computers and ready for us to surf the net and check emails. Our room also had a fridge, which was an utter surprise. Hot breakfast was nice, and it was certainly a bonus. Rooms were thoroughly cleaned and we were all satisfied with all four rooms we were given. This is a very nice 2.5 star hotel for the price. The rooms were all large in size, and the washroom had ample space for comfort. furniture in rooms had become a bit run down when compared to the condition last year---the work desk lamp in my room was broken and I had to borrow the one from my mom, who stayed next door.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2010

The Good: Close to everything you could need, lots of pillows, Internet Speed, did not hear any noises from other rooms or hallway, decent continental breakfast, indoor pool, good rate, clean room, room key has $10 coupon for Dave & Busters and water pressure in shower.

Not so good: Empty bins at breakfast, temperature of pool could have been warmer, area is so built up that traffic was everywhere(it was a couple of days after Christmas),

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank a349809
Reviewed 2 September 2010

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Utica and had an awful experience with them. We pulled down our sheet and there was blood in the bed... I called to the front desk and the lady said she was sorry and she would send someone up to change the sheets. At that point I was disgusted and wanted to speak with the manager. The lady stated that the manager that I needed to talk with would be in the next morning. I said okay I will talk with her then. We left to go get dinner and when we returned I pulled the sheets down to make sure the bed was changed and IT WAS NOT!... I called down there again and expressed my concern. At this point I waited for the manager or shift lady that was on duty so I could personally watch her remove the sheets and put new ones on. The next morning I walked down to the front desk and spoke with the manager. She already had 2 letters written out for me. I said to her we are not from here nor do we expect to return. We were in town for a ball tournament and that was it! She said these letters would be good at ANY location. Since I don't work in Hotel's I had no idea what I was in for... about 3 months ago now I called up to the hotel because the letter stated Please call and I will make your reservations for you.,,., well the lady that issued these no longer works there so the new manager said he will NOT honor them. I am NOT HAPPY AND I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank jamie1984
Reviewed 3 April 2010

Our stay was very pleasant, and there's nothing I can think of that I didn't like. The reception and housekeeping staff were very courteous and helpful, the hotel was spotless clean and nicely decorated. Great breakfast! Our room had nice flat screen TV, and bed was very comfortable. There were many restaurants within 5 minutes from the hotel. We'll be definitely coming back.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Utica
Hyatt Place Detroit / Utica
0 mi away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Utica
Courtyard Detroit Utica
Hampton Inn Detroit / Utica - Shelby Township

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit-Utica? Share your experiences!