“Excellent hotel, wonderful staff and breakfast too!”
Review of Comfort Inn Utica

Comfort Inn Utica
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Utica
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Traveled to area with elderly parents for funeral and chose the Comfort Inn based on reviews here and also price. This was an excellent experience, from the extremely friendly and helpful staff at time of reservation to the checkout process. Everyone, including housekeeping staff were very pleasant-made you feel that they wanted you there!!!Staff helped place us where parents wouldn't have too far to walk to room. Room was very nicely appointed, clean and pleasant. Absolutely recommend for value, location and cleanliness (my disinfectant wipes couldn't find any dirt!!!)

Room Tip: Never stay by an exit door if you want total quiet-at any hotel. We stayed in room facing Hall road...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Deborah J, General Manager at Comfort Inn Utica, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of Comfort Inn of Utica and for such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and outstanding service the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Stayed here twice recently, both times we were able to get the price reduced by 30% through simple negotiation. The people at the desk clearly have directions to not let anyone walk out the door.

Overall the place is clean, well lit and at a decent price. It was quiet as well. We stayed on a Friday and Saturday. Small breakfast area similar to most every other breakfast offered by most hotels. Centrally located to all of the "attractions" (shopping) in the area.

Room Tip: When you reserve a room and you need a fridge, you need to verify that your room will have one. Our...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel.

We are pleased that overall you found your stay with us to be enjoyable. I am glad you had an opportunity to take advantage of our 25% off room promotion. Comfort Inn of Utica always provides the very best value, service and accommodations possible. Throughout the year, Comfort Inn will offer a limited number of Tradtional rooms at a promotional same day rate if occupancy permits.

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 19 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Deborah J, General Manager at Comfort Inn Utica, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed at the Utica, MI location for two nights. The first was ok, but the second night was very noisy. There was about an inch gap around our entry door, and we heard everything in the hall. This location is a hot spot for wedding parties and when I called downstairs, I was told there was nothing they could do about the noise, there were five wedding parties checked in. Also, we were right above the entrance to the hotel and all the smokers milled around the front door and quiet it was not! I also did not like wAlking between a lot of smokers to get inside, thought the smoking area should be away from the front door.The first day there were some really a fuzzy men standing around and I felt afraid to go near them.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Deborah J, General Manager at Comfort Inn Utica, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our Comfort Inn of Utica..

I was certainly disappointed to hear that your second night was less than perfect due to the noise level of other hotel patrons and I do apologize for this. It is certainly not indicative of the fine quality we represent over the past years. The local nightlife is indeed vibrant, especially on weekends, which is part of what attracts many of our guests and more often than not, our guests are all very considerate of quiet hours. I apologize that we did not resolve the situation to your satisfaction. We do offer quieter rooms on our Business Class Level, North side that can be reserved upon request.

Comfort Inn offers an attractive Patio area on the far East end of the hotel grounds for our guests that prefer to smoke. Smoking is discouraged near all hotel entrances and I can certainly understand how unpleasant it is to be exposed to the odor of smoke caused by others.

On your next trip to Utica, please come and speak to me personally so I can make amends.

Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Good value for the money. This property is not new or in walking distance to the restaurants in the area but the price was much better for a good place to stay. Jacuzzi was very large, and locate between the bathroom sleeping area. Staff was very nice, friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn for your recent stay in the Utica/Sterling Heights area. I was delighted to hear you had an enjoyable time at our hotel and have shared your comments with our staff.

We take pride in our cleanliness, guest service and attention to detail and we are so pleased that you took the time to evaluate your visit with us and share your opinion with both us and other travelers.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

I have been staying at the Comfort Inn for over 15 years. When ever I go down to visit my family I call my other home and tell them to get my room ready. I have NEVER been more comfortable or felt at home in any other hotel. The people there are like family to us and I
know that they feel the same. It is clean, the breakfast is great but the staff and personnel that work there are just plain nice. They actually care about the people who stay there and will go out of there way to make your stay pleasant. So if you are looking for a place you have found it don't take my word find out for yourself.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but I prefer the 3rd floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Deborah J, General Manager at Comfort Inn Utica, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

I was delighted to receive your Trip Advisor review, and was especially pleased to read your kind words about our family being your second family when traveling. It made me happy to know you feel so at home with us. We too have enjoyed getting to know you both better each and every year.

I have taken the liberty of sharing your kind words with all of the staff members on our Comfort Inn team; they are the special individuals that make our hotel shine! Your words were visibly heartening to them. They, as much as I, deeply appreciate your endorsement and the extra time you took out of your busy day to share your opinions with other travelers.

We always look forward to welcoming you both back to stay with us when your travels bring you this way.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 6 September 2013

This is an ideal place to stay when visiting this area. It location provides easy access in any direction. The staff is professional and very accomodating. Plus,they provide a nice breakfast to begin the day.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for sharing with us and the many Trip Advisor travelers how much you have enjoyed your visit at our award winning Comfort Inn of Utica. I'm so pleased to know that you had a pleasurable experience and that our staff helped brighten your stay with us!

We are flattered that you feel our hotel is worthy of commendation!

I know that you are very busy and much appreciate the time that you took to share your opinions with other travelers.

Best,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Utica
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Utica
Hyatt Place Detroit / Utica
Staybridge Suites Detroit-Utica
Hampton Inn Detroit / Utica - Shelby Township
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit-Utica
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterli...
#3 of 7 in Sterling Heights

Been to Comfort Inn Utica? Share your experiences!