“Good stay”

Comfort Inn Utica
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Utica
Reviewed 29 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Deborah J, General Manager at Comfort Inn Utica, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

This is hands down THEE best place to stay when you're away on business or leisure time. I've been coming to this comfort inn for years and I love the cleanliness, the convenience to all of the great stores like the mall etc. But most of all I adore the customer service. Whenever theres a problem I can count on Brad and/or Brittany to handle it with class and integrity. Brads been there since before I started going there and hes always been so welcoming and holds the name of comfort inn to high standards because hes just that,comforting. Being a traveling Evangelist and a gospel recording artist my goal is to try an find a place thats nice,discreet, clean,of elegance, welcoming and quiet, thats exactly what I get when Im at this Comfort Inn. I encourage anyone looking for a home away from home to stop by Comfort Inn Utica, Michigan. God Bless!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Evangelist Val T

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us.

Your review titled "Home away from Home" was such a nice compliment about our hotel and our staff!

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you received such personal, accommodating service from Brad, our Front Desk Manager and Brittney our Guest Services Representative. Guest comfort and satisfaction is something we take great pride in providing to all of our valued guests, so I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit so much!

I have taken the liberty of sharing your kind words with all of the staff members on our Comfort Inn team; they are the special individuals that make our hotel shine! Your words were visibly heartening to them. They, as much as I, deeply appreciate your endorsement and the extra time you took out of your busy day to share your opinions with other travelers. Thank you for continuing to be a repeat customer – that is the greatest compliment of all! I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 9 March 2014

This hotel was in a great location, close to plenty of shopping & restaurants. Very friendly young man at front desk that checked me in. My room was very clean. I'm not of a breakfast person but did go get coffee and what I seen, it appeared to be a nice variety for breakfast. Very nice property.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Deborah J, General Manager at Comfort Inn Utica, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for your review and your positive mention of our guest services agent. Our staff prides themselves on being friendly and helpful in every way possible, so I’m delighted to hear our team member left such a favorable impression.

We are also happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our convenient location worked out well for your shopping and dining plans while visiting the area. We are sorry you did not have the opportunity to stop in our morning breakfast café and sample a few of the new goodies on our hot buffet line - perhaps next time, we can entice you to stop in for a bit more than coffee.

We know that you are very busy and much appreciate the time that you took to share your opinions with other travelers. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I always stay at this hotel when I have business in the area. The rooms are comfortable, clean, and the staff is very attentive. They are always will to go out of their way to ensure my stay is pleasant. I highly recommend this hotel for a consistently great stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review and your loyalty to The Comfort Inn of Utica. We value your allegiance and thank you for calling out what makes our hotel special to you.

Guest service is our first priority at Comfort Inn and everyone on our team is thrilled that you enjoyed yourself so much.

We have told our team that with the bitter cold weather outside, it is all the more important our guests feel warm, cozy and welcome when inside.

I thank you for being a loyal customer and look forward to your return trip.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I came across a spa package that offered a one night hotel stay at this Comfort Inn. I wasn't being picky about our accommodations, just needed a little R&R. I was pleasantly surprised with the room we received. It was the King Suite with whirlpool tub. The room was spacious and very clean. We didn't have too much interaction with the staff but the little we did have it was all very pleasant. This hotel is in a nice location, easy access to the freeway, lots of shopping, dining and entertainment in the area. Breakfast was nice in the morning, everything was stocked and well maintained. Free wifi was nice! Read the kindle while soaking in the tub. the bed was comfy with lots of pillow options. Overall, it was a very nice relaxing stay at this Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. Every member of our team is elated that you enjoyed your stay so much.

We are thrilled that you found our new Comfort Cozy bedding package to be comfy & the array of both soft & firm pillows to be perfect for your R&R weekend escape. We are glad you also had an opportunity to stop in our morning breakfast café and sample some of the new menu items we have recently added to our hot buffet line. We strive to make everyone's experience exceptional.

On behalf of our entire Comfort Inn team, we thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Be sure to keep an eye out for our new Spring Getaway packages starting in April.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

We started out in Dundee MI, at Cabela's. Wanted to go shopping on the Utica strip (hundreds of stores/malls to shop through) before heading back to London, ON. Stayed at the Comfort Inn in Utica. Went out for supper then back to the room for a good nights sleep before our shopping excursion the next day. Awesome sleep!!!! The Continental Breakfast was fabulous. Excellent choices for you enjoy!!! Will definitely stay there again. Thank you to all at the Utica Comfort Inn!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are so delighted to hear that you had such a satisfying stay. A comfortable night's sleep is an important part of our experience. We strive to insure a restful night's sleep for all of our guests and pay particularly close attention to feedback concerning the comfort and quality of sleep. I'm glad to hear you approve of our new Comfort Cozy bedding package.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for several days in early December, 2013. I would definitely stay there again. Everyone on staff who I encountered was friendly, helpful and competent. That included several front desk personnel, the lady who kep the breakfast room spotless and well-stocked, and the maintenance man who responded within 2 minutes to my call about a problem with my room heater - which he fixed by replacing the entire unit within an hour. The bedding and pillows were great, I slept like a dead man. The breakfast offerings, which at first glance seemed to be the standard fare we find at all hotels of this ilk, were enhanced by the breakfast lady who made the coffee just a little bit better and delivered small quantities of omelets, etc., frequently, so the food didn't get old and cold. She also kept the place spotless and was quite friendly but unobtrusive. I also appreciated that they provided USA Today.

I arrived around dinnertime, was on a tight timeline, and somewhat concerned about getting some food in me quickly. Imagine my pleasant surprise when I was offered a light meal of Sloppy Joe sandwich (pretty good, too), potato salad, etc., right there in the lobby as I checked in. That little touch made a big impression.

The place wasn't perfect. When I arrived in my room it was at least 90 degrees in there (probably the reason the heater died the next day). I shut it down and opened the windows so by midnight when I returned it was tolerable. I mentioned it to the front desk and they explained that the room's carpet had been cleaned the day before and the heat turned up to dry it quickly. Probably a good explanation, but the room should have either been brought down to a reasonable temp before being rented out or taken off-line for an extra day or two. The bathtub showed long-term grime buildup, something that just shouldn't be allowed to happen.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Deborah J, General Manager at Comfort Inn Utica, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your assessment of your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your sincere feedback. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and we will be certain to pass along your kind words to all of our valued team members.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Utica
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Utica
Hyatt Place Detroit / Utica
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit-Utica
Staybridge Suites Detroit-Utica
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterli...
#4 of 7 in Sterling Heights
Hampton Inn Detroit / Utica - Shelby Township

Been to Comfort Inn Utica? Share your experiences!