“Amazing food, slow service”
Review of The Swan Inn

The Swan Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in Lympstone
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
exmouth, devon
“Amazing food, slow service”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We were a large party of 12, we sat down at 8pm and waited 35 mins before anyone came to ask us what we would like to drink, once we had ordered the drinks we waited another 20 mins for them to arrive. We loved the food! Good portion size, fab taste and presentation. However we kept having to signal the waitresses over for drinks! The restaurant was quite busy but if this was my restaurant I would make sure the largest party in the restaurant was looked after, we were prepared to order cocktails and more wine but I just took to long! That said the food was lovely but we left unimpressed with the staff!

Visited August 2014

London, United Kingdom
“poor service, cold food”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

kept waiting 1 hour 45 mins for meal then when meals came 2 were cold. the manager was not interested when spoken to. he did not offer any reimbursement. First time was ok but this last visit was appalling. found much better now.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Sarah W
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Great Antipasti”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My daughter and I went for a walk around the village as I lived there many years ago and wanted to see what had changed.We had lunch at the Swan Inn. It was quite busy with cycling families and older people. The service was prompt and polite. As it was a hot day we didn't feel like anything cooked so we opted for the main course antipasti. What a feast! There were so many types of delicious cold meats, poppy seed bread and a tangy chutney. We thoroughly enjoyed it and would definitely have it again if we go back.

West Midlands
“Steak and Ale Pie”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We visited here on a Friday evening having booked first which was a good job as it was pretty busy. Both my husband and I had the steak and ale pie with chips and peas. It was very tasty and you could certainly taste the ale. For desert I went for the Lemon Cheese Cake wow it was out of this world. The staff were friendly and the atmosphere was lovely.

Norfolk, Virginia
“Dissapointed”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Booked a table for 9 people for a special lunch in the restaurant. Arrived to find we were the only ones in that part of pub & so was unpleasantly surprised at the poor service. Felt like we were an inconvenience to them answering the phone or being elsewhere. When our main meals came they had totally forgotten one & offered as way of apology a bread roll ! Most had eaten half their meals by the time the burger did arrive. The food was good but felt uncomfortable with one person waiting. Excited about dessert we ordered a selection & I enquired about the surprise part of the brownie as my friend was torn between options. AGAIN there was a delay between all food coming out. not as bad BUT was told by another friend that this is not uncommon at The Swan. The surprise brownie was indeed that & so said to the waitress that her description wasn't right, her response was less than gracious .. It would be too strong to call the 2 waitresses incompetent & rude but with more training by whoever is in charge would I am sure help them achieve this. My friends were too polite to complain & they were paying so really hope no tip was made. THIS is my tip, sort out your staff as they spoil your lovely food

1 Thank NicTB12