“Awesome Wake”

Price range: US$6 - US$24
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Saddlers serves locally sourced food, such as Kenniford Farm pork, Exmouth Mussels, Lyme Bay Crab. Our skilled team of chefs pride themselves on cooking good honest food. We have a vast garden for children to play in and offer live music on the last friday of every month. Tim and Shantell look forward to welcoming you to The Saddlers.
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have got to write this review, fresh and whilst still an emotional wreck.

Many thanks to Darren Notman and his team. I have just been to the wake for my good friend James "Dutchy" holland. The Saddlers laid on an awesome buffet and put themselves out 150% to make Jims wake a top event. Thankyou Darren, not many people would have done as great a job!

2  Thank V4vendetta

Reviewed 13 July 2014

A very good pub very polite staff great food an all round great place for all the family . Been here before and next time I'm here from London I am defo going back there . If you get the chance I advise you sample the delights this pub has to offer

Reviewed 11 July 2014

My partner, our 2yo son and I stayed at Devon Cliffs last week and I took them to Saddlers Arms on Wednesday night for a meal as I had some good memories from there from many years ago.
We skipped starters and went straight for a main course.
I ordered from the specials board (chicken pie) and my partner opted for rump steak and we ordered ham, egg and chips for the little un.
The food came out quickly and was enjoyable. No complaints.
The dessert was pretty good too - a selection of Langage Farm Ice Cream (£1.50 a scoop) or various other things.
The kid and I had a scoop of ice cream each and the girlfriend went for a chocolate brownie (but with a scoop of pistachio ice cream). Very nice!
After our meal we took the youngling out into the play area. He had a whale of a time... especially looking at the outdoor pets (guinea pigs, rabbits, tortoises, chickens etc).
A great evening - many thanks!

5  Thank Andy H
Reviewed 8 July 2014

3 of us arrived at the bar, ordered drinks and queried if food was available, we were told yes, menus are on the tables and order at the bar. To then receive a barman interrupt with "at least 30 minute wait if they want food". Quite grumpy. We didn't mind, ordered our food. Food can in 20 minutes, chilli was very hot but great for us, steak & chips not tender but tasty. Odd welcome but food was lovely and the barman was really pleasant when we paid our bill.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I Came To The Saddlers Arms On Sunday And I Was Very Surprised With The Experience I Received. Ive Heard A lot Of Things About The Saddlers Over The Years But After Finding Out Myself, I Will Certainly Come Back And Will Let Everybody Know About How Good It Was.
From When I came Into The Building, James, The Barman Introduces Himself And Asked How We Where And If We Had Had A Good Day, My Dad Absolutely Loved Having Somebody To Talk With About 'Things' And It Really Put A Good Start To The Experience. He Told Us What The Specials Where After Taking Us To A Table. It was Busy With Large Tables But He Still Managed To Fit Us In And Make Us Feel Like There Was Nobody Else Who Needed Attending. A Young Lady Bought The Food Over To Us And It Looked Amazing, Theres Always Something About Wanting What Everybody Else Has Got But In My Case, Dad Didn't Get Any! I Had The Gammon Which Was Recommended To Me When I Ordered And It Was Great.Overall The Service, Food, Enviroment Was Excellent And I Look Forward To Returning!