“Loverly chubbley”

Cuisines: European, British, Bar, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at the Redwing last week. Superb, efficient and friendly staff. I had fish and chips, nothing adventurous for me, but it certainly filled me up. I have never had such a plateful!. My wife went for scampi and the same thing applied. Cooked fresh and to perfection. Only later that I found out that they did a smaller meal for the oldies like us. I was bloated and had to force down a lovely ice cream sweet but my wife could not finish her main course because of the size. I would recommend this bar/restaurant to anyone wanting good food, inexpensive drinks and fantastic service and situation. BUT if you don't need a meal big enough to choke a horse ask for the smaller meal. it is bigger than most restaurants full size meal. For general ambience, choice of food and quality it is a very reasonably priced bar.

1  Thank Jillentone

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had lunch at Redwing today following a local recommendation. The lunch was part of an impromptu surprise day that my husband had organised and the lunch was a big part of the enjoyment.
Friendly young waiting staff, good choice of beers (Estrella and Hanlons on draught) and wines and a very varied menu all went towards a very good experience.
We had a sharing platter of tiger prawns, calamaris and whitebait followed by fish and chips. All were well cooked and presented in style and the Malbec we chose was particularly good.
Would I go again? Definitely, if only to sample other items on the menu which even suits my non meat eating palate.

1  Thank Deborahski
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We ate eat as a group of 10 for a family celebration, we were seated in the excellent loft room above the main bar. This is a very nicely appointed pub restaurant with a bar area with a ride range of beers and real ales, large restaurant area, outside tables and the loft area. The menu had a wide choice of options and the food and service were excellent and every one in our party enjoyed an excellent meal. Highly recommended.

1  Thank RhinoSteve13
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Had a great lunch with my wife and two more of our immediate family.The restaurant looks very traditional from the outside,but is very smart inside,extremely well furnished and decorated.
The service was polite and efficient,and the food very good.My starter of smoked mackerel on bruscheta was tasty,if quite small for about £7.My main of halibut,new potatoes and vegetables was excellent,as were all the mains for our group.The puddings too were good,especially the sticky toffee pudding which was exceptional.The wine was very decent and reasonably priced,for bottle of merlot and a bottle of sauvignon blanc.We'd definately eat here again.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Excellent food and service, the food was cooked to perfection with a wide variety on the menu which I believe is locally sourced. The atmosphere was excellent and so Is the location, I hope to visit there again very soon,

1  Thank Wesnsarah