“Lovely Christmas Meal”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 January 2013

I belong to the court jesters and we decided to try the Globe for our annual xmas lunch after hearing such fantastic things about the chef Gary.We were not disapointed at all,everyone apart from me had Turkey and I had seabass,it was the best fish I have ever tasted. All of us aged between 60 and 90 cleared our plates and thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of meal from starters to dessert. The service was excellent and Gary is a very talented chef and we will definetly visit again.Well done Gary on your fantastic meals.

There are newer reviews for The Globe Inn

Reviewed 4 January 2013

We have visited The Globe Inn,Lympstone many times in the last 6 months with family and friends to eat and every time we have had an excellent choice of well cooked food-if you like seafood this is the place to come- best in the area- Never disappointed

Reviewed 3 January 2013

I recently visited the Globe for a evening meal with my family,I have never eaten at this pub before. We were not dissapointed at all and will be visiting again. The food was excellent and if you love fish I would highly recomend visiting this pub.Gary the chef is a very talented young man with a very good and tempting menu.Well done Gary we will visit again!

Reviewed 9 December 2012

My other half and I stopped here for lunch before a crawl around some of the pubs in nearby Topsham. We chose this pub because of favourable comments in the visitors' logbook at nearby Peters Tower.
When we arrived there were a couple of groups there for a Christmas dinner so there was a short wait before our order was taken. We opted to have the roast turkey and weren't disappointed. Tasty meat, stuffing with chunks of chestnut in and five types of perfectly cooked vegetables.
There is a lot to be said for proper pubs that do decent food. This place is not a pub-restaurant, gastropub or similar, just a no nonsense friendly boozer with really good food.

sheila r, Manager at The Globe Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2012

thank you for the review we like our customers to leave the globe inn happy.

Reviewed 1 December 2012

We regularly eat, drink and meet friends in The Globe. David and Sheila run a very friendly pub where there are real ales - it's open all day with a roaring log fire so perfect so late lunch drinks!! Gary the chef is a real talent with an imaginative menu featuring fresh fish but lots of others things too. Dogs welcome!
There's always someone to talk to and it's our favourite pub.