“Food & Drinks, A+”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Pepino's Restaurant & Lounge
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Pepinos is our families favorite restaurant in the area. This place is time tested quality and consistency in amazing entrees and the best drink pour in Oakland County. We enjoy the robust energy on the weekends and the quieter more intimate ambiance during the week. Super friendly staff makes you feel like and old friend of this great restaurant.

2  Thank Jim B

Reviewed 13 November 2012

My wife and I have loved and enjoyed Pepinos for years. The owners Kathy and Ray are absolutely the most friendly and professional people we've ever met. The food is so good and the portions are so big, we always have lots to take home for the next day. Everyone on their staff is so efficient and friendly. The entertainment is wonderful. We've lived in Walled Lake for many years and Pepinos is our "place to go" when we go out for dinner. Try it once and you'll keep going back regularly!!!!

1  Thank Marvin H
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I eat out...often! I actaully own fast food restaurants of my own! I know food, especially invetory and what is quality and low grade food. I have never wrote a review but this place was sooo bad I couldn't help it. I recently moved to the Novi area, and while I was waiting for my daughter to finish dance practice I decided to try this place out. First, it smelled old, very old, like old library books. Walls most have been moldy or something. Second....severe price goudging! $24 for 2 pieces of low quality lamb chops $44 for 4 lamb chops, no vegtable! I also had a greek salad with no chicken, i serve greek salads at my restaurant also. My salad is half the price (with the chicken)and i give all romaine lettuce, they had iceberg and only1 kalamata olive! Im a young person, like I said I eat out often, I critic every restaurant im at, I can't help it im in the same proffesion as these people. I don't ever complain tho, I just try to learn what I can do when I hope to expand. Its sad, there's no heart in alot of restaurants but this one topped it for me. I am young, but I come from a family background of lots of restaurant owners. I really try to listen to customers and what they want, I don't try to know it all. I eat out alot, I know what I want, and I won't serve what I won't eat or pay for! It makes me sad, I try to give good quality at good prices. I almost feel stupid how I do things when I see restaurants like these playing every customer for a fool and milking everyone with a smile. Profitt margin in this restaurant has to be extremly high. I was so upset with this place I couldn't even eat my salad I lost my appetite. I couldnt help but say something to the server. She didn't care, she didn't refund my money for my salad just said sorry. Before we left and I was getting my sons jacket on she ran to the table to make sure we paid. I swear I wanted to knock her out, i felt like i was getting mad for every customer that goes in there and gets fooled by them. Like I said I'm young, im first generation in my family they tought me good work ethic. They treated me like I was dumb...I feel like getting a place next to them to just shut them down!!!!!!!!!!!!

2  Thank Tee M
Reviewed 6 October 2012

The Owner Kathy acts as if she is doing you a favor for allowing someone to dine in her supposed fine dining restaurant. I called ahead for a reservation for 4 only to be told they only take them for parties of 6 or more. I explained to her that we would be dining with a friend who is suffering with brain cancer and that it is difficult for this friend to wait or stand for long periods of time for a table. Kathy explained that the restaurant wasn't really busy at the time and that she had plenty of open tables and if we came before 6:30 seating should not be a problem. We got ready pronto and headed to the restaurant to get a table and wait for our friends. Upon entering the restaurant there were several, several tables available and Kathy The Owner stated that she could only give us a booth suitable for 2 way in the back of the restaurant because everything else was reserved for 7:00 PM. I explained to Kathy the Owner that I had just phoned and asked about a table and that I was told they were plenty of tables available and seating shouldn't be a problem if we arrived prior to 7:00 PM. (Please note it was about 6:05 at this point) I explained to Kathy the Owner that I had just spoken to someone on the phone, that our friend has great difficulty getting in and out of booths, and she basically said she was The Owner and we could take it or leave it. If we hadn't been meeting friends at this point I would have walked out. I told her she was very accommodating and she verbally attacked me and asked me how I could be so rude to her. I was shocked and very taken aback by her behavior.

Kathy the Owner set the tone for the rest of the evening we waited at least 20 minutes at our booth for 4 that really was only big enough for 2 before we were acknowledged by anyone. Other booths that were seated after us were offered bread, drinks, and other amenities before anyone approached us.

This was not our first visit to Pepiino"s Restaurant but it will surely be our last. Although our waitress Stephanie was nice, and our food was edible I will never set foot in this restaurant again.

If your looking for a nice friendly atmosphere that welcomes all of their patron's do not and I repeat do not go to Pepino's Restaurant.

2  Thank Tina D
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Pepino's is a little pricey but they're always busy. Located in an old corner building no one seems to mind. Their drinks are strong and delicious. The bar tender doesn't skimp.They always serve a generous bread basket which includes hot garlic rounds fruit bread and bread sticks accompanied by their famous and most delicious white bean salad. My favorite dressing for their always fresh dinner salad is their creamy garlic. Try the fish, frog legs, or veal picatta. Its all delicious. Be prepared to wait - there is always a crowd.

1  Thank Edie R