Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren
US$95
US$151
US$141
Residence Inn
Comfort Inn Warren(Warren)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$145
US$136
US$53
US$50
All reviewskeep up the good workroom was cleanawesome staffdetroit warreneasy accessstay there againmusty smelltake caregreat customer servicestephanielesfreewayflooringmoteltargetpetsmichigan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 April 2013

As always the staff was warm and friendly, but this was my first stay since the rooms were upgraded, and I was very impressed. Everything is new from the ceiling to the hard wood floor. The colors and the sleek design give the feeling of being in a very nice hotel, but at the inn price. The rooms are clean and fresh. I highly recommend this Inn!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. We look forward to your return visits

Reviewed 25 March 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel and had several disappointments. The first room we were given had a faulty lock and when we went to leave we could not lock the room. Management was very quick to resolve this issue and we were given another room. After moving our belongings to another room we quickly left for the evening and when we returned later that night discovered many small ants on the floor (maybe 40 to 50) crawling around the room. It was too late to complain so we stayed the night in spite of the ants. In the morning we found there was only one large bath towel to shower with even though both my wife and I occupied the room. The free WiFi signal was weak so it was hard to check email. The only redeeming factor was that the staff were friendly and helpful but the room itself was a disappointment.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Monty W
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2013

I am sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I want you to know that we have taken the appropriate measures to address the problems that occurred. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

I have stayed at this hotel every year for a dog show at Cobo, and while they just did upgrades there is more yet to do. My fridge wobbled and had no shelfs, while the staff did look for them. Never found. The toilet in our rooms was very low; BUT the hot water and pressure is great.
I am handicapped and in a wheelchair. We Love most of the staff, Connie is our favorite and she never forgets us from year to year.
They ALL go above normal hotel staff, to make your stay feel welcomed.

The one thing I will say is I wished with the upgrade is you got the breakfast to go. Also the discovery channel shows but no sound.

I stayed at this hotel two times this year once more the weekend after and when I checked in, my room was not done and they came right away to prep it.

I can say hole heartly this hotel is not one to miss.

• Stayed: March 2013
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

We look forward to your return visits every year. I'm sure you will be happy to hear that the microfridge in your room has been replaced with a new one. Thank you for letting us know about the Discovery Channel so that we were able to address that as well. I will tell Connie that she is your favorite and also share your comments withe rest of the staff.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

I have not been happy with my experience at Red Roof Inns in Michigan. They claim to be nonsmoking and when I check in the rooms reek of smoke. I have had the same issue in Kalamazoo. This time I was persuaded to stay in this Red Roof because my friends were staying there. I called central reservations and told them how much I hated the smell of smoke and the issues I had in the past and they assured me they would put a note in my reservation about it. Sure enough, when I arrived exhausted, after a 4 hour drive and a long day my room smelled terribly.... I did not want to change rooms this time because I knew they were full and figured the next room would smell anyway so I requested some spray. A man showed up at my door with some spray, smoking a cigarette!! The next morning I took a shower and the towels even smelled of smoke....which means one of two things...either they did not change the towels after the last guest, ugggghhhh, or their staff members are smoking as they are cleaning.... Neither one was good. When I left for the day....I was staying a second night.... I complained. Connie was very helpful, apologetic, and said the room would be sparkling when I returned. She did a great job. The smoke smell was almost completely gone. She also did not charge me for the first night. I come to town twice a year for a dog show and will absolutely stay there again, but I will make my reservation directly with Connie. She deserves a raise because if not for her, Red Roof would have lost my business for good!! She took a dismal situation and turned it around! Kudos to Connie!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry to hear that your stay with us started out rough. We are a 100% smoke free Red Roof Inn. I am glad you gave us the opportunity to correct the oder issue you experienced. I will share your comments with Connie. We will look forward to your return visits.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

The Red Roof Inn in Warren exceeded my expectations. The rooms were very clean and newly renovated. The bathroom was spotless, with extra towels and good quality soap. We received a voucher for breakfast at Dunkin Donuts, which was conveniently located. The room was very affordable and we received an extra discount for booking with hotels.com. Overall, I would strongly recommend Red Roof Inn!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for writing a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our newly renovated rooms.