Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren
Excellent 5/5
  • Breakfast included
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewskeep up the good workroom was cleanawesome staffdetroit warreneasy accessstay there againmusty smelltake caregreat customer servicestephanielesfreewayflooringmoteltargetpetsmichigan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Checked in today in the afternoon and everything seemed clean and nice..an hour later found bed bugs on the pillows. I was disgusted. Also, the motel tried to deny that they were bed bugs and didn't want to refund my money..but I am 100 percent positive that's what they were and I made sure to get my money back. BEWARE before you stay. I really hope that people see this that consider staying there..

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank brittany h
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

I am sorry to hear you feel you had a terrifying experience. I want to assure that we had the the room checked by an outside pest control company and no bed bug activity was found.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night on Thursday, August 1, 2013. I was in town for an interview on Friday. I had a positive experience. I drove from DC and got there past 11. It doesn't seem like the safest area, so I had a little trepidation at first. I saw a couple of guys hanging out outside of their hotel room and they appeared to be pretty unsavory characters.

They check you in fast and the guy who did so was very polite. I stayed on the lower level in room 156. My room was remodeled and clean. The bed is large and the room comes with a mini-fridge and microwave. Although it wasn't hot outside, the A/C worked fine.

The guy next door spoke to me as I was unloading the rental car. He had his shirt off and was guzzling beers. He also had a lady in the room with him who he suggested had had some run-ins with the law. Although I declined his offer of a beer, he told me that I wouldn't have any problems with them and I didn't. I did not hear a word from their room. Nor did I hear any noise from above, although I can't say that the room was occupied or that the people weren't sleeping. I didn't hear any noise from above the following morning either.

All in all, a very positive experience and, despite the seediness of the area, I would stay there again and most likely will when I come back to town to look for a place: I got the job! HUGE!!!

P.S. The rooms look very much like the one that the picture on this site shows.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

I am happy to hear that you had a positive experience and enjoyed our newly renovated room. I will share your nice comments with Brian (the GSR that checked you in). We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

The rooms were clean the staff was very pleasent and helpful to all of my needs especially Connie who works the front desk she is very kind and helpful eveytime I visit the hotel, the housekeeper also cleaned my room daily and refreshedmy towels anything else I needed them to do they did without any complaints I will return to this hotel again I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and took the time to right a review. I will share your comments with Connie and your housekeeper. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Recognizing that I need to get into my room fast, Brian the desk clerk broke the speed sound barrier checking me into my room and averted a disaster : ). everything else about this property is pleasant too.
Thanks Brian

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mitch H
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

I am glad that Brian was able to assess your needs and expedite the check in process.Thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

Staff was so friendly and helpful.. ...room was good for price......newly remodeled..above average for the price... would stay there again....room did not smell like smoke in fact had to sign that if we smoked in room would have to pay fine....

• Stayed: April 2013
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to hear that you had a positive experience and enjoyed our newly renovated rooms.