“Good Value”

Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Warren
Reviewed 2 July 2014

About me: Mom, 3 kids ages (2, 3, and 5). Last minute trip to plan within a budget.

Hoel room and linen (5)
Customer service (5), but family is low maintenance.
Internet usage and accessibility (4) had glitches but manageable
2 blocks from freeway

The surrounding neighborhood is um..ehh. If you are used to various SES then the community is no problem. If you must be near posh and lights and high level security this is not the area. You definitely cannot go out for a stroll after dark. And a car is a must. There are a few quick places like McDonalds, Big Lots, a gas station convenience store and even a dollar store. As a matter of fact the dollar store and family mart is where we stocked up on snacks, flip flops and essentials. Mind you all this was done in the morning and the community was very kind and customer oriented.

Cons
No breakfast, no continental, no coffee, no microwave or fridge. no iron. These accommodations are for the King Size room but in reality when would a family of four sleep in one king bed. We stayed 3 days so it was impractical to not have either of these amenities.

Rooms are located outside.

Pros
Property was very clean and buildings were sturdy and well kept. Hardwood floors in room. Beds were comfortable. Secured locks. HD t.v. Adequate outlets. Most parking spaces are at least 0-2 doors from your room on lower floor. Wheelchair/disabled friendly boardwalk. Location is 15-20 minutes from most attractions, with car. 8 minutes or less near an amazing water park.

I would not recommend for a family with children because of the lack of amenities. But would say yay for couples, traveling truckers, traveling budgeters, quick bereavement accommodations, or when you're family has made you upset and you want to stay, but not with them...then yay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Godizself
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I would like to inform you that we do offer rooms with two beds and a micro/fridge. We also have irons available upon request as well as coffee brewing in the lobby 24/7. I hope that when return to the area you stay with us again. Be sure to inquire about our rooms with 2 beds and a micro/fridge.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I had a previous bad experience and that was resolved so I thought I would give them a 2nd chance. How wrong I was. I had to spend 3 nights there. 2 by choice and 1 not the by choice. First night no problems. I went down to the office all around 7 am to reg for the 2nd night. The lady at the night desk was not very friendly but I just chucked it up to her being up all night. She asked for my hotel card key to add the new night. I gave it to her she handed it back said all set. We left and went downtown Detroit. I had to have a procedure done and unexpectly I was admitted to the hospital. My boyfriend is from another state and had no clue how to get back to the hotel. He took a $30 cab ride there only to find out his key did not work. The lady didn't ask me if I had another key when i added the 2nd night. They would not let him in the room because his name was not on the room. Do husband and wife put both names on the room? He called me and I had to call the inn and the snotty girl said ok I will let him in. This was about 8pm. Since he had no car to move he got another night there. Around 2 am people were partying in the parking lot. I called the front desk and the snotty girl said she would take care of it. Security did come by talked to them and they quieted down. After about 5 min started back up again. Wlouldn't you think they would check again to make sure it was quiet? Nope just one time should take care of the problem. Then someone tried to get into our door x2. Then we checked out Sunday am the snotty girl was still the same . I will be returning to the area and will not stay there again. They failed miserably. Only nice person was the gentleman that checked us in the 1st day.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I have addressed the housekeeping and noise issues that you incurred. I want to assure you that this not a normal occurrence. We would love the opportunity give you a positive experience during your next visit to our area.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

If I could give this place zero stars, I would. In general I'm not too picky with hotels. Just want somewhere cheap, cheerful, and clean. We heard from a friend that this place had been renovated recently and was well priced so we thought we'd try it out while in town for a wedding. Huge mistake. Please - for the love of god - nevereverever stay here.

We arrived late at night after a delayed flight and checked in. The smoke-free room stank of smoke and when I pulled back the sheets the bedding was crumpled - full of hair and various bits of unidentified debris.

Fine - might have been a housekeeping oversight. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. We tried another room. And then another. Same in every room - unwashed sheets full of all kinds of hair.

There was also very questionable activity occurring - screaming matches in the parking lot at 1am and I wouldn't have been surprised if the rooms were being rented out by the hour. A total hotel horror show.

We ended up getting a room at the St Regis Hotel downtown and it was the best $109 dollars I've ever spent in my life. I nearly wept when I saw the clean sheets.

In fairness the person at the front desk couldn't have been more polite or accommodating. She gave us a full refund for our prepaid room and apologized for our experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kathryn B

I am sorry to hear that you feel our staff is unfriendly. For the safety and security of our guests it is our company policy that only the registered guest is given a key to the room. When ever there is a noise complaint we always address it as soon as possible. We strive to ensure that all of our guests are happy and secure when they stay with us.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Connie at the welcoming Front desk had me feeling like a "regular" Family member, before she even knew that I was/is.... "genuinely"..., and_ the Ladies attending to the rooms are as hospitable, as from all others that I've enjoyed staying in.....Good location also.....Stores & gas stations are everywhere....Clean & quiet spot....High-fives ^plus'1..!!!

Room Tip: Northside rooms on 1st floor, offers walkout & walk-to, Store_Restaurant_Gas station, in 5min or...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Darrell G
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to hear you are treated like family here. I'll be sure to let Connie and the staff know they are appreciated. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Its always a pleasure staying at the Red Roof Inn in Warren MI. I travel to the area for business quite often and the staff always makes me feel at home. First of all, when I walk into the lobby the Guest Service Representative, usually Stephanie or Connie, is always glad to see me. Well, at least that's how they make me feel. Lol! My room is always very clean and comfortable and I must say, the new renovations make me feel like I'm staying at an expensive hotel. If I am ever in the need for anything, the management and staff, without fail, are eager to help. A perfect example is, One morning a co-worker was picking me up for a meeting. When she arrived, she had a flat tire. Les, the maintenance man, replaced it with the spare and we were on our way in no time. Thanks, Red Roof Inn Warren MI staff. You're the best!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Melissa B, Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am thrilled to hear you had such a good experience. I will sure to let my staff know they are appreciated

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Connie greets with a smile, I have been here numerous times and the desk has always greeted me and made me feel welcome. Rooms clean and new, wish the coffee cups were bigger, I like the laminate floors, they are always clean.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at our hotel. Connie is a great member of our staff. I will pass your comments on to her. We love the new look of the rooms too. We hope to see you soon

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I made a reservation thru the 800 number for March 2014. I was unable to make that date so I called and cancelled the reservation. I did get a confirmation number at that time. A few days later I again made reservations for April. I have stayed at this inn several times I have never had a problem. I made my trip in April if I would have known at that time that I was charged for a room in March that I never stayed in I would not have stayed at this inn. I called to get a refund and was told no confirmation number no refund. I have been a redicard member since approx. 1977 and this is the way I was treated. I have cancelled reservations before and never had a problem so I didn't keep the number. When I talked to the 800 number I was told that the manager emailed me with their decision I NEVER got an email. There are way to many hotels in the Detroit area that I can stay at than this one. I will never stay at a Red Roof again. They do not appreciate loyal customers.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

I'm sorry you felt you had a negative experience with us. If you would like to speak with me directly, feel free to call the inn to try and resolve this issue.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Warren
Quality Inn And Suites Detroit Warren Tech Center
Baymont Inn & Suites Warren MI
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Warren
Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy
A Victory Suites
A Victory Suites
#13 of 19 in Warren
TownePlace Suites Detroit Warren

Been to Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren? Share your experiences!