“Weekend Stay”

Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Warren
“Weekend Stay”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I had made an error in booking the room online. My reservation ended up being made for Thursday night however we didn't arrive to the hotel until Saturday. There was room at the hotel for us to stay and we were given the rate from the on line booking. A no show charge was put on my credit card but after speaking with management (Connie - who was great btw) the charge was removed. Will def. stay again. Room was nice, air conditioner worked well, easily accessible and quiet. Thanks very much Red Roof!

Room Tip: Hairdryer and clothes iron has to be requested from the front desk. Both were available when needed...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Danielle R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed there in mid-July 2014. Stayed in room 123 for a night. Didn't hear any noise from above, though not sure someone was in apartment above. Check-in staff helpful and gave me a magazine with a map of downtown. Price was right at 59 including tax. Neighborhood is not as bad as some people make it seem on here, though SOME of the people staying at the hotel seem a little shady.

Room reasonably remodeled but not a pillar of cleanliness. Fitted sheet had a huge stain and regular sheet had some hair on it. Common sense says that they didn't change the bedding. I saw a cleaning lady come around as I was leaving the building and it didn't seem like she was changing the sheets or anything. Probably just picking up the trash. I just think these cleaning ladies at hotels cut corners.

Saw a daddy longlegs right after I opened the door, though I suppose it could have wandered in from outside. Also saw some other bug, though thankfully no roaches or bed bugs.

Overall, I would recommend it due to the price. Just be sure to take the bed apart and hunt for bed bugs before you settle in. You never know what you might run into in a place like this.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were home for the holiday and I could not bear to stay with family again. I hate feeling cramped up in someone's house. I also didn't want to spend a ton of money on a hotel. The Red Roof Inn was perfect for us because it is located close to both families and it's clean, comfortable, and cheap. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank VioletCloverTravel
San Diego, California
Reviewed 2 July 2014

About me: Mom, 3 kids ages (2, 3, and 5). Last minute trip to plan within a budget.

Hoel room and linen (5)
Customer service (5), but family is low maintenance.
Internet usage and accessibility (4) had glitches but manageable
2 blocks from freeway

The surrounding neighborhood is um..ehh. If you are used to various SES then the community is no problem. If you must be near posh and lights and high level security this is not the area. You definitely cannot go out for a stroll after dark. And a car is a must. There are a few quick places like McDonalds, Big Lots, a gas station convenience store and even a dollar store. As a matter of fact the dollar store and family mart is where we stocked up on snacks, flip flops and essentials. Mind you all this was done in the morning and the community was very kind and customer oriented.

Cons
No breakfast, no continental, no coffee, no microwave or fridge. no iron. These accommodations are for the King Size room but in reality when would a family of four sleep in one king bed. We stayed 3 days so it was impractical to not have either of these amenities.

Rooms are located outside.

Pros
Property was very clean and buildings were sturdy and well kept. Hardwood floors in room. Beds were comfortable. Secured locks. HD t.v. Adequate outlets. Most parking spaces are at least 0-2 doors from your room on lower floor. Wheelchair/disabled friendly boardwalk. Location is 15-20 minutes from most attractions, with car. 8 minutes or less near an amazing water park.

I would not recommend for a family with children because of the lack of amenities. But would say yay for couples, traveling truckers, traveling budgeters, quick bereavement accommodations, or when you're family has made you upset and you want to stay, but not with them...then yay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Godizself
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I would like to inform you that we do offer rooms with two beds and a micro/fridge. We also have irons available upon request as well as coffee brewing in the lobby 24/7. I hope that when return to the area you stay with us again. Be sure to inquire about our rooms with 2 beds and a micro/fridge.
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I had a previous bad experience and that was resolved so I thought I would give them a 2nd chance. How wrong I was. I had to spend 3 nights there. 2 by choice and 1 not the by choice. First night no problems. I went down to the office all around 7 am to reg for the 2nd night. The lady at the night desk was not very friendly but I just chucked it up to her being up all night. She asked for my hotel card key to add the new night. I gave it to her she handed it back said all set. We left and went downtown Detroit. I had to have a procedure done and unexpectly I was admitted to the hospital. My boyfriend is from another state and had no clue how to get back to the hotel. He took a $30 cab ride there only to find out his key did not work. The lady didn't ask me if I had another key when i added the 2nd night. They would not let him in the room because his name was not on the room. Do husband and wife put both names on the room? He called me and I had to call the inn and the snotty girl said ok I will let him in. This was about 8pm. Since he had no car to move he got another night there. Around 2 am people were partying in the parking lot. I called the front desk and the snotty girl said she would take care of it. Security did come by talked to them and they quieted down. After about 5 min started back up again. Wlouldn't you think they would check again to make sure it was quiet? Nope just one time should take care of the problem. Then someone tried to get into our door x2. Then we checked out Sunday am the snotty girl was still the same . I will be returning to the area and will not stay there again. They failed miserably. Only nice person was the gentleman that checked us in the 1st day.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I have addressed the housekeeping and noise issues that you incurred. I want to assure you that this not a normal occurrence. We would love the opportunity give you a positive experience during your next visit to our area.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 June 2014

If I could give this place zero stars, I would. In general I'm not too picky with hotels. Just want somewhere cheap, cheerful, and clean. We heard from a friend that this place had been renovated recently and was well priced so we thought we'd try it out while in town for a wedding. Huge mistake. Please - for the love of god - nevereverever stay here.

We arrived late at night after a delayed flight and checked in. The smoke-free room stank of smoke and when I pulled back the sheets the bedding was crumpled - full of hair and various bits of unidentified debris.

Fine - might have been a housekeeping oversight. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. We tried another room. And then another. Same in every room - unwashed sheets full of all kinds of hair.

There was also very questionable activity occurring - screaming matches in the parking lot at 1am and I wouldn't have been surprised if the rooms were being rented out by the hour. A total hotel horror show.

We ended up getting a room at the St Regis Hotel downtown and it was the best $109 dollars I've ever spent in my life. I nearly wept when I saw the clean sheets.

In fairness the person at the front desk couldn't have been more polite or accommodating. She gave us a full refund for our prepaid room and apologized for our experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kathryn B
I am sorry to hear that you feel our staff is unfriendly. For the safety and security of our guests it is our company policy that only the registered guest is given a key to the room. When ever there is a noise complaint we always address it as soon as possible. We strive to ensure that all of our guests are happy and secure when they stay with us.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Connie at the welcoming Front desk had me feeling like a "regular" Family member, before she even knew that I was/is.... "genuinely"..., and_ the Ladies attending to the rooms are as hospitable, as from all others that I've enjoyed staying in.....Good location also.....Stores & gas stations are everywhere....Clean & quiet spot....High-fives ^plus'1..!!!

Room Tip: Northside rooms on 1st floor, offers walkout & walk-to, Store_Restaurant_Gas station, in 5min or...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Darrell G
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to hear you are treated like family here. I'll be sure to let Connie and the staff know they are appreciated. We look forward to seeing you in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warren
Quality Inn And Suites Detroit Warren Tech Center
Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy
Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights
Baymont Inn & Suites Warren MI
TownePlace Suites Detroit Warren
Candlewood Suites Detroit - Troy

Been to Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren? Share your experiences!