“got to sleep without being disturbed by house keeping”

Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Warren
north muskegon, michigan
“got to sleep without being disturbed by house keeping”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2007

my last stay was better. now that there are "do not disturb" signs for the outside of the door. did not have to be woke up by house keeping.

• Liked — location and price
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Columbus, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2005

I had originally booked this room because I was going to Detroit and needed to stay at a place that would accept cats. Red Roof was one of the few places that would accommodate me without charging an extra fee. I booked a standard room-least expensive. I found that, true to last year's ad campaign, the room had been remodeled. It looked clean and the king bed was comfortable, although it took up a lot of space which made the room seem small. There was no table, only a desk which was attached to the wall. In fairness, I understand that their business rooms supply more features. I suspect however. that the lack of small amenities i.e. shampoo/ conditioner, applies to both types of rooms. Soap, a tissue pack and plastic cups were the only disposable items provided. I found the staff to be courteous and helpful. Depending on priorities, the location of this property can be positive or negative. It is located about 15 miles from downtown Detroit which makes for longer travel time into town, although I encountered no major problems. On the plus side, the town of Warren has a variety of restaurant choices and stores which are close to the hotel. The neighborhood seemed nice enough. I cannot comment on the experience of taking a pet as I ended up not bringing one.

6 Thank Mable35
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2004

I was there in August 2004, for a family reunion. these rooms were booked well in advance, we were spread out all over the place. There are no inside corridors, that was kinda scary. The maid opened the door bright sun in face, after being up all night with the family reunion events. Front desk clerk was rude and very impatient. She thought we were crooks because we had never heard of paying for the hotel in full at check- in. I guess for Michigan that poses a problem. Hotel room I had was remodeled very nice decorations. Make sure to request a newly rmodeled room. personally I prefer a hotel with inside corridors. It was alright but I would stay someplace else if ever in town again.

1 Thank Bendaire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warren
Quality Inn And Suites Detroit Warren Tech Center
Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy
Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights
Baymont Inn & Suites Warren MI
TownePlace Suites Detroit Warren
Candlewood Suites Detroit - Troy

Been to Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren? Share your experiences!