“Good Free Dinners???” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Warren
midwest
“Good Free Dinners???”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Free Dinners you ask??? This is supposed to be a hotel review.

I was surprised to find out when I checked in that besides the excellant free breakfast, there was also 3 free dinners - Mon Tues Wed. Buffet style, first come served.

But more importantly, as a hotel, has everything you need for a reasonable cost place to stay. No luxury. Just clean large comfortable rooms at the end of a street of other hotels, but at the quiet end. Staff is helpful and friendly.

I had planned to stay here indefinitely for my temp job, but discovered it is too far from my job. Driving any further in this crazy Detroit suburban traffic wastes too much time. But not the fault of the excellant hotel. I will find another Choice Hotel property close to work.

Room Tip: Dinner is served M Tu Wed, 5 to 7.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank torfa80

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Cleveland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

Good check-in (Thank Holly for the extra star). got up to the room (on the 4th floor, great), anyway, got there, no towels, back down to retrieve towels, the next day no room coffee,the day after no soap or shampoo, this went on in one form or another for the entire stay, found out the housekeeping crew was a little stingy. Breakfast, crunchy bacon, runny scrambled eggs ( put a little parmesan in there to thicken it up) no orange juice machine (they could have bought some) . The room, quite a different story, the room was dusty, the carpet dirty. bathroom floor a little sticky, BUT there was a hair in the bathtub, not in my way, but I kept an eye on it only to find a thread on the floor, paid attention to it these two items were not cleaned during my stay, hence no star on cleanliness.
The price was good, affordable, location good. i'll stay here again.

Room Tip: 3rd or 4th floor, even number rooms
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank beechhouse1
Royal Oak, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

My experience did not start off well when I was given keys to somebody else's room and I try to get into the hotel room and the person on the other end obviously was not happy. The next thing was the Wi-Fi did not work most of the night I called the front desk the young lady was very pleasant and asked me if I wanted to move rooms but I was all settled in. Lastly I do not have a bill underneath my door so that means I have to go check out which is an inconvenience.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank YoYoManDTW
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

I am from the Warren area, and we usually stay with family when we visit. This time was different though, as we were coming for a funeral and needed our own place to stay. The staff was extremely helpful when I called to make a reservation, and easily accommodated my family of 6 with a suite. Our check-in process at 11 p.m. was very easy and we found the room to be more than large enough for all of us. We really only needed a place to lay our heads for the night, so we didn't take advantage of any of the amenities offered by the hotel. Our room was comfortable and well laid-out. The free breakfast was awesome as well, and offered lots of options for everyone. If we are ever in need of a place to stay in Warren again, we will definitely call this hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ReneeKooyer
North Muskegon, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

Just as most of the reviews I read indicated this place is a very good value. Clean, safe and comfortable. The staff members I encountered were very pleasant. My wife and I will stay here again the next time we visit the area.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MichiganPaul_61
CLINTON
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

(Elite Diamond Member) Check-in and the outside appearance was fine. Went to my room and when I went to adjust heat the knob fell off. Had been broken for some time, so I went to the front desk and got a different room. Rooms are clean, but the carpet has stains and cigarette burns on them. Breakfast is very basic but okay. This hotel is getting a little bit out dated and room door locks are very tempermental.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Tim U
Muskegon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

Except for the Showers, this place could be a Sleep Inn. Everything is clean, the towels fluffy, and the bedding/mattress is very comfortable. This hotel has a corner desk with plugs on the level of the top of the desk...just like Sleep Inns. The lighting is bright and full of light...just like Sleep Inns. Like I said, the only difference is the tub/shower. I like Sleep Inns and I like this Comfort Inn in Warren, MI. The hotel has a designated area for Breckfast with a built in Television and very nice Fire Place. In the evening many people were watching the ball game together in the Breckfast Room. The receptionist is very pleasant and friendly as well as the check out. When headed to Warren or Detroit you owe it to yourself to stay in Comfort Inn, Warren. Located at the end of Convention Blvd is also a big plus because it is away from all the traffic on M-53/ Van Dyke Road.

Room Tip: All Rooms are GREAT!!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business