“Quiet, safe and close to GM Tech Centre etc,”

Holiday Inn Express Warren
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Warren
Ontario Canada
“Quiet, safe and close to GM Tech Centre etc,”
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I stay here for business meetings at GM Tech Centre as well as a stop over for runs between Canada and Frankenmuth,, MI. The hotel is set back off the road a bit, so it makes it really quiet for sleeping. Plenty of restaurants nearby or there's a pretty good one right in the hotel. The rooms are spacious and well kept, modern and clean. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to or through the Detroit / Warren area.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank PFD-Canada

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Ohio
Reviewed 19 January 2011

TO THEIR CREDIT, I DID GET IT FREE. They didn't tell me they were doing that, but I later found out that they gave me the night free for my troubles...

Nice staff. I would have scored it higher, but I just could not get past the fact that the floors looked like they had not been sweapt. I got in the room, turned on the heat, and it stunk up the room like mildew very strong. It was also dirty around the night stands. I got another room, just as bad if not worse on both accounts. They then upgraded me to a King Jaccuzzi suite. Finally a room that did not stink, but there was noticeable dirty not just on the floor by the night stand, but on the night stand itself. There was also a cup on the jaccuzzi. I stayed that night, but cancelled my other night.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 September 2010

This hotel is newly remodeled which drew me to booking there. Great place except the king size bed was like sleeping on a rock! Staff was great, warm, friendly, and accomodating. Location is spacious and a nice restaurants nearby if you choose. Don't usually have good luck with hotels in the Detroit area but I can say I got lucky this time.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 16 April 2010

We stayed here to be close for a girls night out in Royal Oak. I didn't expect much, primarily because this is in Warren but I was really surprised. It is a newer updated HI EX with comfortable rooms and a staff that was very interested in making sure we were happy. Being close to the Tech Center, I think they cater to the business class. I would stay here again if I was in the area and would recommend it.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank AnnTM
Queens, New York
Reviewed 2 June 2009

*** Warning *** they are doing major/lane closing construction on IS 75-so be prepared to take IS 295? detour to get to this hotel if not completed-do check with hotel*** My wife, 2 children (12 & 16) and myself stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Warren on May 15-17th to attend a nearby wedding of my wife's cousin. The hotel is easy to find (right off 696/Hoover rd exit) and clean and comfortable. There are plenty of inexpensive/fast food dining options within easy walking distance (Subway, taco bell, KFC, Little Ceasars etc). The breakfast is fine and served in the comfortable lobby-the hot cinnamon buns are the best and they have all types of milk, yogurt and juices/cereals. The weekend rates are cheaper than weekday and thy take AAA discounts. There is plenty of parking and the business center/free internet access is a nice touch. This is a solid, reasonably priced ($ 90.00 a night for family of 4-2 double beds including all taxes) hotel easy to find with a very helpful and kind staff all around with a nice outdoor pool and coin laundry/iron and board in room. If not staying with my wife's cousin next time we will gladly stay here. If you have business nearby and on a budget-this hotel is a solid choice.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Queens Village NY traveler
Shepherd, Michigan
Reviewed 10 March 2009

I spent two nights at the Holiday Inn Express in Warren last week. The hotel is right off I-696 and has ample parking. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The last morning I was there, a gentleman who looked as though he was the maintenance man inquired about my satisfaction with my stay, "Did you sleep well? Do you have any suggestions?" I was impressed. The room was typical HIE but clean and well maintained. My only suggestion (and it's the same for every Holiday Inn Express in which I've stayed) is to bring your own toiletries. The ones there are cheap but you get what you pay for I guess. Breakfast was standard HIE and the breakfast person was attentive and friendly.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank luckygreen
Columbus, OH
Reviewed 17 January 2007

Just stayed at Holiday Inn express Warren.
This hotel is very clean, friendly staff, continental breakfast buffet had fresh foods,lobby TV was huge and I enjoyed watching football.

Went to Detroit Auto show, compare to downtown hotels, it is cheap only 15min from COBO, from I696 exit 24 it is very close so you can miss it.

If you want a good value with a cheap price this Holiday Inn is the best.

• Stayed January 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank S13Sylvia