“Good value - old rooms and useless Internet”

Holiday Inn Express Warren
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Warren
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights on business but the terrible Internet - slow and unreliable made doing any work at the hotel impossible. The rooms are old style Holiday Inn and are readybforna refurb. staff are helpful and professional and the outdoor pool is well kept. Despite its good value I wouldn't rebook.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Our rooms have been remodled within the last couple of years to include: New vanities, sinks, bathroom mirrors and tiled floors. Also included are the Holiday Inn Express Brand changes which include; bedding, shower head and shower curtains. The latest addition to the guest room this year is a 37" flat screen TV. We take pride in keeping our rooms clean and up to date.
We have recently had our internet provider make upgrades and changes to our current system to provide faster more reliable internet service.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

We looked for a hotel near Grosse Point and this was the nearest that got reasonable reviews. It is a very good value for Holiday Inn (80$-85$ a room) and probably for the whole area. Following previous reviews we checked carefully and the room is clean and well equipped, the WiFi working fine and strong (although we are in the remote wing of the hotel). Good to Excellent hot breakfast: we liked it. Bottom line: a very good value.

Room Tip: In the two-bed rooms the beds are full size, not queen: be aware of that (if it matters).
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Avi O
Reviewed 31 January 2012

CONS:

The hotel would be great for staying on buisness however you cannot access the internet reliably. I inquired about the internet and they didn't seem to be concerned. It just seemed as if the lack of connectivity was normal. It makes for a very long stay and difficult to access secure networks with what connection you do have.

PROS:
The rooms are very clean and the staff is pleasant and helpful. They cater to Per Diem travelers by providing a few meals. The food is ok you just have to remember that is the free food. The property presentation was very nice and i'm sure it had been updated to Holiday Inn standards fairly recently. (1-2 years) The rooms are spacious and clean. I also had a refrigerator and microwave within my room I assume as standard. The property was very secure and I have not felt unsafe.

OVERALL:
I believe this hotel would be the complete package for the buisness traveler if they corrected the internet connection.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2012

This was a quick trip, but we needed the right location and a pet friendly hotel." the room was just average but very clean. no complaints. would recommend in a heartbeat. go there just for the breakfast and the whole world of choices!!!!:)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank John m
Reviewed 5 November 2011

I stayed for a week for business travel. The staff was friendly and accommodating. A hot breakfast was included & of course the coffee was readily available. There was an outdoor pool. Restaurants & shopping close by. I would recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to Detroit/Warren Area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank JustMePfromMI
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I stay here for business meetings at GM Tech Centre as well as a stop over for runs between Canada and Frankenmuth,, MI. The hotel is set back off the road a bit, so it makes it really quiet for sleeping. Plenty of restaurants nearby or there's a pretty good one right in the hotel. The rooms are spacious and well kept, modern and clean. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to or through the Detroit / Warren area.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank PFD-Canada
Reviewed 19 January 2011

TO THEIR CREDIT, I DID GET IT FREE. They didn't tell me they were doing that, but I later found out that they gave me the night free for my troubles...

Nice staff. I would have scored it higher, but I just could not get past the fact that the floors looked like they had not been sweapt. I got in the room, turned on the heat, and it stunk up the room like mildew very strong. It was also dirty around the night stands. I got another room, just as bad if not worse on both accounts. They then upgraded me to a King Jaccuzzi suite. Finally a room that did not stink, but there was noticeable dirty not just on the floor by the night stand, but on the night stand itself. There was also a cup on the jaccuzzi. I stayed that night, but cancelled my other night.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business