“The outside looked like a tornado had gone through”

Holiday Inn Express Warren
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Warren
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We had made a reservation here because of convenience. As we were getting close we drove right by because the outside was totally getting remodeled. I even went in to ask if they we really open.
The inside seemed in good order. Our room was clean and quiet. The breakfast was very fresh and well stocked, it was better than many of motel breckfasts that we have had.
I guess I would say don't judge a book by its cover.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Neran M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Warren, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear Katy G,

We thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback !

I sincerely apologize on behalf of our team for any inconveniences you might have incurred with our outside renovations.

Your positive feedback on our rooms and breakfast selections are greatly appreciated.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future when our exterior construction is completed!

Reviewed 10 July 2013

I stayed there for 2 nights this past weekend, they are undergoing a renovation but it was still a good deal. The staff was courteous and very helpful. The breakfast was a big plus for us, really enjoyed the variety of foods from day to day. I would recommend this hotel for a nice comfortable stay. The rooms are clean and spacious.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Arrette,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our facility!

We appreciate your feedback and will share your comments with our entire staff.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the near future when our outside renovation is completed!

Thanks again!

Reviewed 12 June 2013

The hotel is undergoing an addition and it's a little quirky but all in all a good stay. The room was quieter than most, comfortable, and clean. Breakfast was OK and the staff was pleasant. The only downsidewas the absence of a good restaurant nearby.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warren, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Dear 76fj40,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in Warren you will give our hotel another try.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Quiet, comfortable king room with a large desk area ideal for a business stay. Temperature was easy to control. Staff was friendly and helpful. Construction was underway that appears to make updates imminent. Only drawbacks - a little hard to recognize since brand is not shown on the hotel, and a fairly large group of men was gathered near the entrance. It was nearly dark when I arrived and the group made me feel uncomfortable, although it was probably just a group of smokers. Still, a group of 8 - 10 men gathered right at the entrance made for me to question whether I wanted to walk through them to enter.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Neran M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Warren, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our facility. Your feedback is very important to us.

I am happy to report that once the construction is done , there will be Brand sinage at every corner of the hotel.
We have also implemented a Non-Smoking rule within 20 feet of the front entrace.

On behalf of our entire staff, I sincerely aoplogize for any incovenince your incurred during your stay

We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 5 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel for four nights on a business trip in the winter. When I arrived, the hotel was actually a little difficult to find. My GPS took me right to the address, but the hotel is obviously an older hotel that's been converted into a Holiday Inn Express. There was no sign on the outside of the building

I wanted to give the hotel four stars. The staff certainly gets five stars in my book. From the breakfast lady who kept it open "a few minutes longer", to the maid who knew I was sleeping in and didn't bother me, to the front desk clerk who helped me find my way to a decent restaurant at 10pm, the staff at this hotel are all excellent, friendly and knowledgeable.

Unfortunately, the hotel is quite dated and needs a lot of updating. There's nothing terribly wrong about it, rooms were clean and big, but some examples - the lever on the shower water adjustment knob was one that had come from a sink and was very hard to adjust correctly. The slightest nudge made it too hot or too cold. The bathroom had originally featured one of those 80's heat lamps but when you turned on the timer switch, there was a CFC in the socket. It was laughable. The heater was barely functional, and again, a little twist of the knob brought either freezing cold or sweltering heat. I kept getting up in the night to adjust the heat because I was either sweating or chilled.

On my last day we received about four inches of snow. The parking lot had not been touched by 10am and made leaving a little difficult. Even so, I may stay at this hotel the next time I'm in town as there aren't really many others to choose from unless you want to stay over on Van Dyke.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Neran M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Warren, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Thank for your review of our facility. We greatly appreciate your comments about our staff and will be sure to pass them along. Rest assured that we are constantly updating our product to meet the brand standard. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you incurred in the parking lot and have taking necessary action to prevent this from happening again. We look forward to serving you again when in the Detroit area.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

If you want internet service don't stay here! .1 to .3 mbps with interuptions!

TV programming was also lacking!

TripAdvisor.com says I have to write a minumum of 200 charicters but it doesn't help me count them so I gues I'll just keep typing till I think I've typed two hundred charicters because I'm not going to set here and count them... This is dumb, I wonder if I've typed two hundred charichters yet? Good thinking to add this little requirement TripAdvisor, keep up the good thinking...

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Leeana22

Thank you for your recent review of our facility. I want to sincerely apologize for your WiFi experience, and assure you that we are aware of the problem and are in the process of taking the necessary action to correct this. We are also looking into adding a few extra channels to make a variety of TV programming available. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as this is our tool to improve our product and services

Reviewed 25 January 2013

We stayed here as we were attending a wedding close by. The front desk staff was great and friendly. Are room was right on a corner so the noice level was quite high early in the morning. The walls are thin and we heard our neighbors a few times during the night. Typically this would be a big deal, however I was so tired that I was able to fall back asleep.

The room itself was rather large with a comfy king bed and soft pillows. Its also had a nice big screen and couch. The bathroom was seperate from the sink which I love. Nothing like being able to get ready while your roomies take a shower. This was your typical Holuday Inn Express. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Neran M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Warren, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our facility. We are pleased to hear that we met your standards and expectations. We will be sure to pass on your kind words to our staff, as they take great pride in what they do. We look forward to serving you again in the near future!