“SUPER place to stay in Detroit area”

Holiday Inn Express Warren
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Warren
Hamel
“SUPER place to stay in Detroit area”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Fantastic service, clean rooms and common areas, well-furnished with upscale hall carpeting and room decor and lamps. Loaded breakfast bar, although biscuit and gravy is served only on Wednesday and Sunday. Chocolate chip cookies Monday thru Friday only. Free light supper (pizza, sub sandwiches, etc.) served Monday thru Wednesday. Close to all shopping. No pool yet due to renovations, but fitness center was open. Business center is nice with copying and faxing available. Washer and dryer on site. Make sure to check for powdered detergent residue in washer dispenser as some guests use far too much, and I had to take the dispenser tray out and rinse it in my room! All staff friendly and courteous from desk staff to maintenance crew! Great value for the price. Twenty minutes to downtown on most days. Will stay here again next time I am in the area!

Room Tip: Close to downtown with daily free breakfast and free supper Monday thru Wednesday.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Neran M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Warren, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback!

We appreciate all your wonderful comments about our staff and services.

We strive daily to provide each and every guest with the utmost in guest satisfaction , and are elated to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We stayed here recently to attend a family wedding in the area. Like others have mentioned, this hotel is undergoing a renovation, so the outside looks like a disaster, but the lobby and rooms are just fine.

We arrived very late the night of our check-in and received good service from the front desk crew. They delivered a roll-away crib to our room without hassle, though it did take a while. I was informed that the cribs were new, so I suspect they literally had to put it together before we received it. The breakfast was great and was always well stocked. There was something for everyone in our party-- even the picky kids. The price was also good.

The only downsides to our stay were the lack of towels in our room and the pool being closed during our stay. I requested more and received pool towels to use. This was fine for our needs because we had children who used them (we were getting ready for the wedding, so everyone needed to shower). The pool not being in use was a bummer because the hotel was selected for families from the wedding to stay because of the pool. Granted, it was probably too chilly to use during our stay, but having the option would have been nice (or at least knowing in advance would have been good).

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on our facility. I want to sincerely apologize to you for not being notified of our pool being closed. We also are very sorry for not providing you with the correct towels when requested.

Your wonderful comments about our staff and breakfast are greatly appreciated, I will be sure to share with the team!

Our entire staff looks forward to serving you in the near future when our renovations are complete, and full use of our amenities will be available.

Thanks again for your feedback!
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We had made a reservation here because of convenience. As we were getting close we drove right by because the outside was totally getting remodeled. I even went in to ask if they we really open.
The inside seemed in good order. Our room was clean and quiet. The breakfast was very fresh and well stocked, it was better than many of motel breckfasts that we have had.
I guess I would say don't judge a book by its cover.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Neran M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Warren, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear Katy G,

We thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback !

I sincerely apologize on behalf of our team for any inconveniences you might have incurred with our outside renovations.

Your positive feedback on our rooms and breakfast selections are greatly appreciated.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future when our exterior construction is completed!
Miami Gardens, Florida
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I stayed there for 2 nights this past weekend, they are undergoing a renovation but it was still a good deal. The staff was courteous and very helpful. The breakfast was a big plus for us, really enjoyed the variety of foods from day to day. I would recommend this hotel for a nice comfortable stay. The rooms are clean and spacious.

Dear Arrette,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our facility!

We appreciate your feedback and will share your comments with our entire staff.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the near future when our outside renovation is completed!

Thanks again!
Amissville, Virginia
Reviewed 12 June 2013

The hotel is undergoing an addition and it's a little quirky but all in all a good stay. The room was quieter than most, comfortable, and clean. Breakfast was OK and the staff was pleasant. The only downsidewas the absence of a good restaurant nearby.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warren, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear 76fj40,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in Warren you will give our hotel another try.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Midland, Michigan
Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

Quiet, comfortable king room with a large desk area ideal for a business stay. Temperature was easy to control. Staff was friendly and helpful. Construction was underway that appears to make updates imminent. Only drawbacks - a little hard to recognize since brand is not shown on the hotel, and a fairly large group of men was gathered near the entrance. It was nearly dark when I arrived and the group made me feel uncomfortable, although it was probably just a group of smokers. Still, a group of 8 - 10 men gathered right at the entrance made for me to question whether I wanted to walk through them to enter.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Neran M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Warren, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our facility. Your feedback is very important to us.

I am happy to report that once the construction is done , there will be Brand sinage at every corner of the hotel.
We have also implemented a Non-Smoking rule within 20 feet of the front entrace.

On behalf of our entire staff, I sincerely aoplogize for any incovenince your incurred during your stay

We look forward to serving you again soon!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel for four nights on a business trip in the winter. When I arrived, the hotel was actually a little difficult to find. My GPS took me right to the address, but the hotel is obviously an older hotel that's been converted into a Holiday Inn Express. There was no sign on the outside of the building

I wanted to give the hotel four stars. The staff certainly gets five stars in my book. From the breakfast lady who kept it open "a few minutes longer", to the maid who knew I was sleeping in and didn't bother me, to the front desk clerk who helped me find my way to a decent restaurant at 10pm, the staff at this hotel are all excellent, friendly and knowledgeable.

Unfortunately, the hotel is quite dated and needs a lot of updating. There's nothing terribly wrong about it, rooms were clean and big, but some examples - the lever on the shower water adjustment knob was one that had come from a sink and was very hard to adjust correctly. The slightest nudge made it too hot or too cold. The bathroom had originally featured one of those 80's heat lamps but when you turned on the timer switch, there was a CFC in the socket. It was laughable. The heater was barely functional, and again, a little twist of the knob brought either freezing cold or sweltering heat. I kept getting up in the night to adjust the heat because I was either sweating or chilled.

On my last day we received about four inches of snow. The parking lot had not been touched by 10am and made leaving a little difficult. Even so, I may stay at this hotel the next time I'm in town as there aren't really many others to choose from unless you want to stay over on Van Dyke.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Neran M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Warren, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Thank for your review of our facility. We greatly appreciate your comments about our staff and will be sure to pass them along. Rest assured that we are constantly updating our product to meet the brand standard. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you incurred in the parking lot and have taking necessary action to prevent this from happening again. We look forward to serving you again when in the Detroit area.