“Clean and Good Service”

Residence Inn Detroit Warren
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Warren
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Nice Residence Inn. Has been completely renovated. They are constantly working on something, painting, trimming, fixing. Their attention to detail is good for this type of property. The staff is very helpful and kind. The rooms are fairly clean.

I was a little disappointed our room only had a cooktop and no oven. Every other Residence Inn we have stayed at had an oven. But we managed without.

The maintenance staff and cleaning staff were super helpful and kind! We were visiting from China and therefore had jet lag. So most of the times we called them for something my son was sleeping. They were great about being quiet and respectful, and getting the job done. (our smoke detector was beeping and they solved the problem fast and quietly without waking my son).

Breakfast was good and fresh every day (we stayed a week). The Breakfast ladies were quite sweet and helpful! I enjoyed their smiling faces.

The front desk staff was very helpful as well, even mailed some letters for me and gave me directions.

My only complaint was the location wasn't great. Unless you are going to the Tech Center or other work related place close by it will take 30-45 minutes to get anywhere you need to be. We stayed in October 2013 and there was construction in every possible direction except going north!

Room Tip: Having a room on the 2nd floor is good because you won't hear people walking around, especially...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
HotelGM_RA, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about Residence Inn Detroit Warren. I'm glad to hear that you noticed the refresh and restyle of the hotel over the past year. More changes are coming in 2014! I hope to welcome you back the next time you visit the greater Detroit area.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Stay at this inn for 4 nights when I travel to US on Nov. Actually I stayed here 10 years ago. Same quality even the breakfast. Frondesk is very kind and helpful. Room is decent and big enough. Breakfast is typically american style. Free internet is ok for my business purpose.For the location wise,I am a stranger here so that I could not say any words for the location but It's pretty near to my working office and this inn located in a very quite area.
Summay: a good inn both for personal and business.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
HotelGM_RA, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Residence Inn Detroit Warren. Our staff is always glad to hear comments about their service and quality of our breakfast. You are correct that our location is ideal in Warren for conducting business. But we are also minutes away from the casinos, sporting venues and entertainment of downtown Detroit; upscale shopping and dining in Troy; as well as Royal Oak and Ferndale. I hope it will not be another ten years before we can welcome you back.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

We have done this before and it works great. Two bothers and wives travel to Warren and stay at the Residence Inn in a two bedroom unit and the two brothers who live in the area come over for a fun evening get together with even a fireplace and the front desk sells logs!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
HotelGM_RA, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Thank you for your comments! Our Two-bedroom suites are uniquely designed with separate bedrooms and bathrooms that make it a perfect layout for travelers sharing a room. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the fireplace on that chilly evening. Maybe next time you can enjoy the Ice Skating rink right next door!

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Been staying here off and on for the past year. The staff is like family to me and my co-workers. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a safe,friendly,clean, and economical place to stay.Thanks Residence Inn for a great stay!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I love these models of Residence Inn. My room looked like pictures 15-21. You have a little doorway that separates the living room from the bedroom, I just love this feature. On to the review.

The room was clean and fresh. No dirty dishes in the kitchen. Fridge clean. Sheets fresh. Bathroom clean. Toilet clean. Sofa and chairs clean. The free internet is speed throttled and good for checking email and general web surfing. For $5 a day they upgrade your speed (needed for video streaming). The TV had the HD channels tuned correctly. Breakfast and dinner are decent. Hot food, decent selections. They are free to guests. I didn't use the pool or work out room. If you are not in the mood for the hotel food, there are a ton of restaurants north of the hotel (5 miles or so). Joe's Crab shack, Olive Garden, A good Lebanese place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
HotelGM_RA, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you were able to enjoy our newly restyled Residence Inn. And we're not done yet! Look for more exciting refreshes in the coming months.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

We had a great one night stay in August 2013 at the Residence Inn. Room was superb along with the staff which were so friendly and helpful. Loved the pillows in the room and I am planning on going online to buy some for myself. Next time we are on this side of the State we will be staying here. Awesome and THANK YOU MARRIOTT!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelGM_RA, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

Thank you for your note! My staff and I are so pleased you were able to enjoy our newly restyled suites and gatehouse. We look forward to welcoming you back to Warren, Michigan.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We have stayed here for a few years now and have always been very happy with our experience.The recent makeover has made it even better. Great breakfast which keeps you going all day, very friendly,courteous and helpful staff and clean rooms. Beds are comfortable and the pillows are great. Generous fluffy towels and a full-size fridge with a working ice maker. Small farmer's market on Sunday right at the civic center.Will book here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor- there are elevators.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple