Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Warren
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Warren
Reviewed 17 March 2012

All I can say is I was very comfortable in the king size bed ..slept so great ...very quiet...the staff was quite charming ..spotless rooms and flat screen tv I stay very often when im in town

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Alfred K

Reviewed 16 March 2012

Everyone who worked there was so lovely. They treated me respectfully. Amazing service, i 110% would not change staying there. Nice and clean, delicious food And i will recommend anyone i know to go check it out!!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 19 January 2012

It is not worth it. If you consider yourself of wanting quality where you lay your head, This is not the place for you! The sheets and duvet as well as the room smelled foul. No ventilation in the bathroom and the light was defective. My main problems; Very noisy at night, the closets and carpet superficially dirty, the fridge stained and filthy, the microwave was not cleaned. The included continental breakfast is not to be recommended, waffle maker toaster was very nasty. When I got home, I spent an hour going through my luggage outside because I was afraid that I brought something home. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Sandy H
Reviewed 13 January 2012

First of all, we were treated very rude by the assistance manager name Lena when we checked in. I felt very disappointed in the service and treatment given upon arrival. The room smelled very bad...kind of a musky smell. They have mold in the bathroom and the showers leak and do not drain well, and the dirty carpet. My wife and I went to the gym at the hotel to work out and calm down….It got worse outdated treadmill turn off the electric in the room after running for a half mile twice!!!! We were told that they couldn't fix the light in the gym because the maintenance was gone for the day??? I was done with this place!!! A vacation should be a time of peace and relaxation...you should not have to worry with disgusting hotel rooms and rude people!!! At that point, we decided to pack up and leave for home. This hotel is not worth the price it should be a MOTEL not a hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank John m
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Overall very pleased for the price. I booked the reservation online and was somehow booked for a king size suite instead of 2 double beds (I had my wife and 2 kids with me). The front desk staff was kind enough to upgrade us at no charge. The rooms were large and cozy and my kids enjoyed the make your own waffle station. I would stay here again if back in the area. Only negative comment I would say is that the parking lot was full, it was hard to find parking at night and also pool is outdoor so my kids couldn't swim

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank Hben2858
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Clearly writing good reviews from hotel front desk should not be allowed? The only complaint is the coffee was not hot? I work for GM and was visiting for a meeting at the tech center, I stay there for only two days But, Planning to stay in Warren, Mi for two weeks. So, I stay at the Residence inn across the street for the reminder of my time. I agree, with some of the reviews about this place having so many issues and some of the points that already raised. A truly cautious reviewer would even wait until they have their credit card statement for the period of the hotel stay, to make sure that they were billed accurately. Here`s a tip for the owner of the hotel….. “Be proactive, Listen to the feedback, Fix what’s broken, Tell people you’ve listened and fixed the problem, Stop over charging your customers that`s how you have repeat business, Start building your new positive reputation.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Liam282
Reviewed 9 November 2011

My second time to this Hawthorn in Warren. My first stay was back in Jan or Feb of this year, can't remember, but I do remember it was -29 degrees outside. I returned here because of the staff and the rooms ( not sure what previous reviews are all about). I walked in, no reservation, and the gal behind the front desk, Lenna actually remembered me from my previous stay. (Nearly 8 months ago, pretty impressive!) I found my room to be spotless, spacious, and love the big flat screen tv. I went to the night time reception which was more like a dinner, and was very good. I loved the new breakfast. My only complaint would be the coffee in the afternoon could have been hotter. (I like my coffee on the extra hot side) but thats it.I will definately come back, and wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business