“Terrible is too nice” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Waterford
State College
“Terrible is too nice”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

Dirty rooms, no tissues, no coffee for maker, no cups, out dated broken cracked fixtures, broken fitness equipment, broken icemaker, no emergency lighting when power outtage. I can continue on. Do not go here. If i could give it no stars... i would

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Chris F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

Pipes in the walls made lots of noise at 5 am. Couldn't use jacuzzi tub because it wouldn't hold water. had maintenance man there till 2 trying to fix it. couldn't sleep or use the tub and only took 10 dollars of my bill .

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank nater32
Waterford, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

I live in Waterford and have stayed here from time to time over the past 10 years or so. I forgot what chain the hotel used to be but then it went independent (Concorde Inn) and went down hill. I was happy to see it become a Comfort Inn. While there have been some improvements the rooms still could use some updating.

The room was spotless and everything was as it should be. The jacuzzi tub had some repairs done to it and the bathroom could use some updating overall. The bed was comfortable and the furniature has been updated and a flat screen TV was great.

Being located right next to the airport is not an issue as I never have noticed a lot of noise. Although this time I don't think I would have noticed as the a/c unit in the room sounded like I was standing next to a jet on the runway.

I don't know how this place is rated lower than McGuire's. I've lived in Waterford most of my life and while the Holiday Inn is newer and updated and deserves it's higher rating, I would never stay at McGuire's due to its location.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
White Lake, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

I've stayed in this hotel multiple times and never had an issue with anything. Our rooms were always clean, the pool area was always clean and in working order. The staff was always friendly. The hotel is right next door to an airport and I don't ever remember hearing any of the airport noise either.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Cincinnati
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

We were working in area for a couple weeks. I was driving fifty miles a day, round trip, to stay in another Comfort Inn, that is by far better suited for the business traveler. We negotiated a comparable weekly rate, should have known from the get go, way to many no's and kept on driving! No credit for the stays, no customer service, no wi-fi, the desk kept telling us "Not Our Problem, Call Tech Line". Great at arguing about any and everything we had the nerve to question. I will say rooms were cleaned every day, big work area, if you could work, and close to job site. I brought up my concerns, since we had five rooms, when I checked out today with manager, Oh sorry! Me Too! I'll drive when I work here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Albion, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

For convenience of where I was visited on Saturday, March 23, this was a great location. However, there were issues with room that required the attention of their maintenance department. Something that was only go to take a few minutes, ended up taking several. Once the situation was resolved it would have been fine. When checking out the next morning, I was asked about the stay and explained the issue that we experienced. It was received as an “oh well”. Not what you really want to hear.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Bay City, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

We were in Waterford for Dance Competition and stayed at the Comfort Inn. After a very long day at competition the staff was very friendly at check-in and we were happy to see a flyer for a local pizza place that delivered right at the desk. When we got to our room I did find a cigarette burn on the comforter, but I just took it off the bed and the rest of the room was decent. The hotel could use updating and when I discussed the issue of the comforter with staff they noted immediately in their computer system and did say they were working on updates. They went out of their way to make sure that I was happy with my stay. Breakfast is basic, but good and the staff keeps dining area clean and make sure food is replenished. They were definitely busy being that they were closest to the competition and I think they did a good job making guests feel comfortable. If our team comes to the area again I think we would choose to stay here again.

Room Tip: In another review it made it sound like this was in a bad area with questionable clientele and I don...