“Pathetic, randown, and dirty”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Waterford
Pontiac, Michigan, United States
“Pathetic, randown, and dirty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We booked a block of rooms for a wedding, never ever will i pay to stay here again. Dirty towels in the room, garbage on the floor, dirty, and the walls r falling apart. Not to mention the garbage outside the hotel is disgusting. Don't waste your money!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shawna S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Truly one of the worst experiences ever. We held our wedding and reception there August 2013. The caterer was wonderful, bar tenders and wait staff great, but the hotel personnel were absolutely the pits!!! The temperature in the banquet room was in the high 80's, temperature in the room hallways was well into the 90's. We complained throughout the evening about the heat and all we were told is "we know." We had 15 guests stay that night and none of them had hot water in the room the following morning for showers. Desk staff told them "there was nothing they could do." General Manager Karla is one of the rudest individuals I've ever spoken with; for someone in the customer service industry, her technique leaves much to be desired. DO NOT EVER BOOK AN EVENT THERE!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank The B

Travellers are raving about these Waterford hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Just wanted to take the kids out for a night and so we chose this hotel for the pool. The lady that helped me make our room choice was excellent and for our family of 5 (2 adults and 3 young kids) we were very happy. The pool was wonderful and the kids swam forever...the video games get a thumbs down. The room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was average. Jacuzzi tub was a plus and even the kids liked warming up in it in their swimsuits, while the snow fell outside. We live a few miles away and were happy with our stay. Will recommend to family from out of town.

Stayed December 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. They booked 2 wedding parties on a Friday and Saturday night and they kept us up for 3 days straight. When I contacted the front desk at 3:00 am, after the third time they had told me that security had called the Waterford police because they couldn't handle the chaos. The bathtub leaks and the toilet ran nonstop and when I told the front desk, they're comment was yes we are aware. The breakfast was horrible and was not replenished after 7:30 am and we stayed for 6 nights. So if you don't get down there right at 6:00 am, you will not get anything. The front desk staff was never around and we were eventually helped by housekeeping who happened to walk by after 15 minutes! When we had issues the first night the front desk never answered the phone and when I physically walked downstairs he was in the other room (where breakfast is served) watching television and told me to hold on a minute. He really wanted me to wait until a commercial came on! This was at 2:00 am.

Worst hotel I have ever stayed at and would NEVER recommend anyone to stay here. There were more incidents that happened here but I won't mention the rest.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank B B
Bradenton, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

We have stayed in this property three times mainly because of the convenient location to our destination. Last night was the last time ever. We were moved to three rooms within and hour. We stayed in the last on purely due to exhaustion.
All rooms had not been cleaned; people congregated outside window for smoke breaks and loud talk; rooms had doors for two-room suits and no sound treatment between rooms; second floor occupants were like they were in our room; toilet ran continuously, internet was intermittent and slow; bathroom exhaust fan did not work. We had to call front desk to have next door tenants quieted.
While smoking and large dogs were not to be allowed, both were. Staff just ignored what was going on. The property appears to be "home" for several down-and-outers or welfare cases.

Room Tip: Just plain avoid this place.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank NicheAssociates
Bartlett, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

My Father and I stayed at this property last weekend and I am not pleased. First, on Sunday morning at 5:00am there was no hot water available and no one at the front desk answered the telephone. The person who "cleaned" our room on Saturday, does not know how to make a bed. The sheets and blanket were bunched on both beds and just the confortmer put over it. Dumb us we had left the "maid" a $7 tip for Saturday, that will not happen again.

Also, when checking in the young lady at the front desk was rude and showed absolutely on polite or friendly customer service.

I think this hotel needs to retrain some of their employees.

Room Tip: Look around at all the properties in the area that are available.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Susan S
Waterford
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

I arrived at the Comfort Inn with my son and was ignored in the lobby for a while. (we were the only ones there). When we got to our room, it smelled pretty bad. Their solution was air freshener spray which did work but I felt creepy not knowing what the smell was. The room was OK, nothing great, older bedding. The pool is used like a YMCA and was pretty busy. The video game my son was so excited to play took the money but did not work. The coffee maker did not work in my room. I have stayed at a lot nicer hotels for less money. Definitely not worth it.

Room Tip: I would choose a room at a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kathleen H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterford
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Waterford
Quality Inn Auburn Hills
Quality Inn Auburn Hills
#3 of 17 in Auburn Hills
Hampton Inn Detroit / Auburn Hills - North (Great Lakes Crossing Area)
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
TownePlace Suites Detroit Auburn Hills
Hampton Inn - Detroit / Novi at 14 Mile Road
Hampton Inn - Detroit / Novi at ...
#1 of 1 in Commerce Township

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!