“Second visit...... still unhappy, still extremely dirty”

Surfari Joe's Indoor Wilderness Water Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Splash to your hearts' content with 18,000 square feet of indoor water park fun at Surfari Joe's in SW Michigan. Twirl and whirl on two extreme slides that funnel outside of the park landing you back inside with a big splash. Enjoy a relaxing ride with family and friends around the Zambezi River Run or swim in Lino's Lagoon activity pool. Our Pygmy Pond Play Place is just right for the kiddos featuring an adventurous playland with slides, the Surfari Joe dumping bucket and more. Too much water fun, then take a break and play in the radical Rip Curl Arcade with over thirty games keeping everyone busy for hours. Located on the upper deck of Surfari Joe's, the Water Hole Grill and Bar features a variety of drinks, pizzas, combo baskets and more! Birthday party or special event need planning? Surfari Joe's is the ideal hosting place. Escape to Surfari Joe's Indoor Wilderness Waterpark conveniently located off I-94 in Watervliet, Michigan adjoining the new Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott hotel! Escape theme park packages available online. The hotel features complimentary WiFi, fitness center, complimentary hot breakfast and more.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Our first visit was a disaster. Really poor customer service and they had a major malfunction and lost all heating (in the dead of winter) and refused to give a refund or discout. We froze to death and left after just 45 minutes.

A year later - my daughter wanted to go and this place is much easier to get to and I figured with the heaters working, it couldn't be so bad. I even found a groupon.
Well - the heat WAS working and we still only stayed about an hour. There is not much there ----two slides and a very small lazy river.
There is a small child area but it is over run with large kids and they have TOO MANY water works going on so forcefully that the little kids really can't enjoy it without a constant face full of water.

A MAJOR issue is cleanliness. The bathrooms are utterly disgusting. There is mud and dirt on the floors and it was NOT from that morning. The walls were cracked and in disrepair and there aren't proper changing facilities.
On top of that the "spa" or hot tub looks so questionable with the black ring shaped growths from one end to another and the same orange kind of growths in the pool. I have no idea if those black rings are mold or what but they're not very pleasing to the eye and was not a place I decided I would lounge in.
The music was WAY too loud and made for ear misery the entire time your there. Not to mention it's a radio channel so you get to listen to auto sales ads at high volume for as long as you can manage to stay there.
ADD to this that a day pass is $30 a person (WHO COULD STAY A WHOLE DAY)...... this place is a really poor deal.
They really need to clean up and remodel.........

13  Thank kjohnson76
in 5 reviews
"kalahari"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 21 April 2014

This was a fun water park, especially if you have children/grandchildren around 3-6 years old. The water park was clean and the staff was very kid friendly. We will most definitely be returning.

4  Thank Tammy M
Reviewed 13 April 2014

i liked that is was close to home and affordable. I didn't like the lack of lockers, the life guards, cleanliness.

1  Thank Annette H
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Thought we would let the kids have a fun afternoon but our moods were soured when they made us adults pay full price to sit in lawn chairs watching our kids splash around. This policy is very unfair and unreasonable. We will not be returning.

8  Thank Ken M