“Great Burgers, Awesome Clam Chowder”
Review of Red Coat Tavern

Red Coat Tavern
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Great Burgers, Awesome Clam Chowder”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

It's loud and crowded and you'll have to wait a few minutes for a table, but the food is worth it. The burgers are grat, and the Piedmontese beef burgers are just as good with much less fat. I absolutely love the mussels in broth with tons of fresh garlic. Close your eyes and you could be in France! The clam chowder is creamy & rich and delicious. Please don't ask how many fat grams! Finally even the onion rings and fries are great. You'll leave happy and full.

• Visited November 2013

West Bloomfield, MI
“Great Food and Drinks”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I agree with many of the reviewers. Red Coat has the BEST burgers in Michigan. I have dined there many times. The Brasserie Burger with the Piedmontese beef is my absolute favorite. There salads and prime rib are very good and reasonably priced. They also have a great selection of craft beers as well as a very good selection of boutique wines. NO RESERVATIONS.

• Visited December 2013
Northville
“Doesn't Disappoint”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

The Brasserie Burger is one of the best burgers ever and we've made a point of looking for the best burger all over the country. Perfect every time we come here. The onion rings are a coveted caloric treat. The drinks are generous and the service professional and friendly. I wish they took reservations but it's worth the wait. A regular in our rotation.

• Visited November 2013
Detroit, Michigan
“'Best Burger Around"”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Great burgers cooked as requested also have a good selection of craft beers. red coat is always busy get there early.

• Visited May 2013
Southfield
“Good Food, Decent Price”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I finally had an occasion to visit the Red Coat Tavern. I was with a large party (20 people) from my company for an after work dinner meet & greet. While our reservation was at 7:00, a few of us go there early to have cocktails and socialize for a bit. The bar area was small so our group filled up the are pretty quickly. Thr folks at the restaurant prepared our room a little earlier which was great service. We tried a variety of appetizers, the calamari was good, not the best or worst I've had. Since Redcoat Tavern is known for it's burgers I decided to try one. I asked if the burger could customized and our server indicated yes. So I had my burger customize as buffalo blue cheese burger. The burger was huge and I could hardly eat all of it. It was a good burger, cooked properly. Again it wasn't the worst or best burger, just good. The onion rings were very good and the portions were huge. The service was very good for a large party. Parking is a challenge. My overall impression is this is a good, reliable place for burgers & drinks.

• Visited September 2013