“Great value for vegetarians”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #13 of 151 Restaurants in Westland
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Legendary Food, Legendary Service
Reviewed 21 March 2014

You wouldn't expect this in a steak house, but they have a Veggie Platter for $9 which consists of 4 sides you choose (one of which can be a salad), which is more than a full meal, especially when you add in the unlimited free peanuts and yeast rolls. I usually get a salad, mixed veggies, and two sweet potatoes (one to take home). I did have an issue that they asked me if I wanted loaded sweet potatoes (marshmallows on top), and I said yes, not realizing there was $1 extra charge for each. I complained that they should tell the customer when there will be an extra charge, and the manager took it off. Therefore I won't deduct from their rating, because they did the right thing. Also, they didn't wash the sweet potatoes, and I eat the skins, so don't want to see dirt on them.

I do wish they had unsalted peanuts, as I get a serious salt overdose from eating their salted peanuts. Also, they only open at 4 PM on weekdays, which annoys me, as I want to go there earlier.

They can also get crowded, but don't take reservations, although they do have something they call "Call Ahead Seating". I'm not sure what that gets you, if they haven't reserved a table. Maybe if you and a party of the same size both show up at the same time, they give priority to the one with Call Ahead Seating ?

One final problem is that the tables need to be bigger to fit the food, rolls, peanut buckets, drinks, menus, condiments, silverware, etc. I usually end up moving empty dishes, peanut buckets, etc. off the table to make room.

There are newer reviews for Texas Roadhouse

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Very busy place, parking lot really full when we walked in, so we expected to wait for seating. Not the case! Greeted and seated right away by friendly faces. Waitress was prompt and attentive, food arrived very hot and well done. My pulled pork sandwich was tasty and very thick. The steaks ordered by others were proclaimed very good. It's funny how it seems such noisy chaos when you enter but somehow you don't hear or notice it after you sit down. The free peanuts are always a big hit, takes the edge off the hunger while you wait. Really enjoyed it, will go back of I have the chance.

2  Thank Asmom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Overall, I am a big fan of Texas Roadhouse, the food is consistently good, the prices reasonable, the service meets my needs, and it is all in a fun atmosphere. This particular facility is like most other Texas Roadhouses, nice, clean (if you don’t mind peanut shells everywhere – which is part of the charm), and well maintained. Value for the money is just outstanding. The one issue I have with Texas Roadhouse in general is they don’t publish nutritional information on their website, but enough people have posts that you can get a general idea of calories if you are so inclined. I do recommend the sirloin steak (real good for a sirloin) and sweet potato. The green beans could use a bit of work.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I love this Texas Roadhous - it is convenient located to my hotel I am usually staying. I come here every other day to enjoy some excellent steaks.
This time I had the New York Strip 12oz, medium. It was prepared just perfect! Staff is very friendly and frequently check your status on drinks. A double thumbs up for this place!

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I have been here twice. I had contacted the manger both times about my experience and they didn't seem to care. the food was wrong and the service of the waitress was crap! she didn't seem to care that our food was wrong, or that we didn't have refills, or steak sauce with our overly cooked steaks I recommend the taylor texas roadhouse! they are amazing there.

1  Thank cluvsj4ever1003

Been to Texas Roadhouse? Share your experiences!