“I love the american style” 4 of 5 bubbles

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #9 of 147 Restaurants in Westland
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Firenze, Italia
“I love the american style”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was there with some US colleagues and we went there after a conference. Beer was superb and hamburger was very good. Service was pretty fast and always cute and kind.

Price are correctly set.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Marthasville, Missouri, United States
“Yuck!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We are from Missouri and eat at Texas Roadhouse all the time. We were visiting family in MI and decided to take them to dinner here. I ordered my ribeye steak medium well and it came out very rare. More than 75% of my steak was all FAT! It made me very sick for 24 hours. Service was horrible as well! Would not waste time going to this location

Detroit, Michigan
“Great value for vegetarians”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

You wouldn't expect this in a steak house, but they have a Veggie Platter for $9 which consists of 4 sides you choose (one of which can be a salad), which is more than a full meal, especially when you add in the unlimited free peanuts and yeast rolls. I usually get a salad, mixed veggies, and two sweet potatoes (one to take home). I did have an issue that they asked me if I wanted loaded sweet potatoes (marshmallows on top), and I said yes, not realizing there was $1 extra charge for each. I complained that they should tell the customer when there will be an extra charge, and the manager took it off. Therefore I won't deduct from their rating, because they did the right thing. Also, they didn't wash the sweet potatoes, and I eat the skins, so don't want to see dirt on them.

I do wish they had unsalted peanuts, as I get a serious salt overdose from eating their salted peanuts. Also, they only open at 4 PM on weekdays, which annoys me, as I want to go there earlier.

They can also get crowded, but don't take reservations, although they do have something they call "Call Ahead Seating". I'm not sure what that gets you, if they haven't reserved a table. Maybe if you and a party of the same size both show up at the same time, they give priority to the one with Call Ahead Seating ?

One final problem is that the tables need to be bigger to fit the food, rolls, peanut buckets, drinks, menus, condiments, silverware, etc. I usually end up moving empty dishes, peanut buckets, etc. off the table to make room.

Visited March 2014
Temperance MI
“Fun, noisy chaos but real good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Very busy place, parking lot really full when we walked in, so we expected to wait for seating. Not the case! Greeted and seated right away by friendly faces. Waitress was prompt and attentive, food arrived very hot and well done. My pulled pork sandwich was tasty and very thick. The steaks ordered by others were proclaimed very good. It's funny how it seems such noisy chaos when you enter but somehow you don't hear or notice it after you sit down. The free peanuts are always a big hit, takes the edge off the hunger while you wait. Really enjoyed it, will go back of I have the chance.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Asmom
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Good food, excellent value, gets busy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Overall, I am a big fan of Texas Roadhouse, the food is consistently good, the prices reasonable, the service meets my needs, and it is all in a fun atmosphere. This particular facility is like most other Texas Roadhouses, nice, clean (if you don’t mind peanut shells everywhere – which is part of the charm), and well maintained. Value for the money is just outstanding. The one issue I have with Texas Roadhouse in general is they don’t publish nutritional information on their website, but enough people have posts that you can get a general idea of calories if you are so inclined. I do recommend the sirloin steak (real good for a sirloin) and sweet potato. The green beans could use a bit of work.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Texas Roadhouse? Share your experiences!