“Cannot express how good it is” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
“Cannot express how good it is”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I eat at a lot of restaurants, but this one really took the cake. The service was top-notch. Our server, Hunter, did a great job. He kept our glasses filled. He gave us recommendations on menu items. He made us feel like we were old friends. He was really an excellent waiter. The food was beyond amazing. I had the butternut squash ravioli. (Best that I have ever had) My mom had the mushroom ravioli. We had hummus for an appetizer. I had tiramisu for dessert. It was as good as the ones you get in Italy. On top of it, it was a huge piece, easily share-able. My mom had the key lime pie for dessert. It was delicious. The building is spotless. The food is very fresh. The service is great. I just cannot say enough good things about this place. I cannot wait to eat there again.

• Visited June 2014

Wayne, Michigan
“Good non chain!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Went to Westland Charhouse to check out a local non chain restaurant and chose this one.
Not very busy for Friday at around 6pm, and thought hmm, must be a reason.
We had a small wait to be seated because host/hostess was not at station. Was seated and pleasantly surprised to hear live piano!
Our server Brianna was there to take drink order immediately and was very attentive and checked often after dinner was served.
I had the onion rings for an appetizer and the were crispy not limp which I prefer, the cajun dipping sauce was mild for my taste, and spouse felt it to spicy!
She had the deep fried cod, was a little over cooked but good flavor, would not order again.
I had the shrimp baby back rib combo. Shrimp was ok, the asparagus was cooked to perfection with the correct amount of butter, very good! The ribs were very meaty and fall off the bone tender.

Tennessee
“Average at Best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Went to dinner tonight at the Westland Charhouse with a few friends during my visit to the area. I ordered the ribeye with french onion soup. The steak was just average at best. It was not as tender as I would expect and the french onion was a little salty for my taste. We went to dinner at 5pm and departed at 7pm. There were only about two other couples in the restaurant. The establishment is quite large and has very good eye appeal. The service was good but the value and the overall quality of the meal was below my expectations. I would not return.

Westland, Michigan
“Hidden Gem! Definitely Give it a Try!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

My family and I went here for the first time tonight. We were wonderfully surprised. The food was great with large portions! We loved the atmosphere. I hope that others will find this restaurant and give it a try. I couldn't believe that more people were not in there. We live close so we will definitely be back again and again! Loved it!

Michigan
“Looks high end but food does not cut it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

The place is nice on the inside, piano player, dim lights, clean but the food does not cut it, I had the rack of Lamb and to be honest I could have done better at home on the grill. For me to come back the taste of the food needs to get better or the prices need to drop.

• Visited February 2014