“Munising Americinn”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Munising
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wetmore
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We stayed two nights and were very pleased. It's 3 stories but we never waited for an elevator more than a couple of minutes. We seem to have good luck at Americinns. Clean, friendly, and really nice breakfast. Didn't use the pool. Lots to see and do in Munising.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We purposely visited Munising to take the boat ride out to the Pictured Rocks, as we had never been to see them before. The AmericInn was a great stay; the room was fresh and clean, the room reservation went smooth, and the hot breakfast was great. We'll definitely come back whenever we can visit Munising again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
1  Thank Mike H
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We had a reservation for a pool party on 9/21/2013 for my son's birthday. We called the other hotels with pools nearby and were informed that we couldn't get a private/reserved party. I called Americ Inn and spoke with Ann Warzak the General Manager. She indicated that for $ 139 dollars I could have a reserved pool party for my son and guests (from the hours of 12 to 3 pm only--apparently, check out is 11 am and check in is at 3 pm or later). At 2:15 pm a bus arrived with large amounts of unbehaved children and their POS parents arrived and started using the pool. The pool area became loud, congested, very aggressive with other children and I went to complain. I was told by Ann that the pool was not closed for guests and that I had paid for the use of the pool only and not a private party. What a bunch of $%#@! This was not what she had told me. Had I wanted to share my pool time with others, I could've just gone to the hotel down the road and gotten a cheap room! BTW, a worker that will remain unnamed told me that s/he worked there for several years now and seen a lot of @#$% occur at that facility and that its not all that family orienated as they would like to give the impression of. Stay away as this place is too far out of Munising and that there's other in town!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank James S
Reviewed 30 August 2013

After staying in a not so great hotel for the previous 2 nights, we were very happy with this one. Granted, the price was a bit steep but I guess you do get what you pay for. Our 6 year old loved the pool and slides. It really isn't an adult pool so if you are looking for somewhere to swim laps, this isn't it. The only thing I thought was strange was no alcohol was allowed in the pool area. I'm sure there are those that abuse the privilege however it is nice to have a glass of wine or a cocktail since you are just sitting watching your kids. Whatever, it was fine regardless. Very clean, spacious rooms. Would definitely stay again, actually our son keeps asking to go back!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

With not many choices in Munising we booked this hotel in advance and were pleasantly surprised. We came, of course to see the pictured rocks, just happy to find an excellent place to stay. The service, room and food was as good as we got with BW. The atmosphere light and fun for kids (though the pool are would benefit from better ventilation).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I will say that I was scared about this place that bills itself as the "UPs finest hotel". I thought it was clean and the rooms were OK. The breakfast was so-so and not unlike what I've seen at some of the other chain motels offering free breakfast. The pool was open, but the chlorine was so strong it was burning my eyes and I wasn't even in the water. My daughters enjoyed the pool and accomplanying slide, but were disappointed when the motel employee attending to the slide up and left his post to do some other tasks and closed the slide. Overall this place was nice enough and the rooms were clean, but it didn't really excell in any area. It was just so-so.

1  Thank Ziggy517
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed for 2 nights (2 adults and 2 children). The kids loved the pool and the slide, they would have stayed on it all day!
The staff were freindly, the room was a good size clean and tidy. The breakfast was good too. The location was fab for getting into the town of Munising and exploring the forests and shoreline.
We would definately go back again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wetmore
Holiday Inn Express Munising -  Lakeview
North Star Hotel – Pictured Rocks
Superior Motel & Suites
Superior Motel & Suites
#1 of 4 in Munising

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Munising? Share your experiences!