This was a very delightful spot. The room was pristine and the lobby was pleasantly woodsy - I'm not sure if this was Michigan-specific decor but it was a good fit for the surroundings. More important, they had three computers in the lobby. I am reluctant to carry a laptop out of fear I'll leave it on the airport monorail or something so it's nice to see one computer available, let alone three.
While I preferred to venture into town for a bagel with smoked whitefish, my girlfriend is an avid proponent of hotel breakfasts, and was pleased with the offerings here. I think the Web site may claim 24-hour free coffee but on our visit this wasn't the case - so if 1am caffeine is important plan ahead.
The service was friendly and fast.
There's an adjacent Pamida store for all the basics, but it's one of the earliest-closing grocery stores I can recall. Nothing else is walkable - while I do appreciate being able to walk to things (especially in the AM, pre-coffee) the AmercInn is only 6 minutes so from bustling downtown Munising by car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the AmericInn Lodge and Suites of Munising, Michigan. Centrally located in the beautifull Upper Peninsula of Michigan just miles from the shore of Lake Superior and Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. While you are here enjoy the many area attractions and outdoor activities, then relax in one of our comfortable guest rooms. Enjoy our 100 foot waterslide, free breakfast, and quiet nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your AmericInn Lodge & Suites Munising reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americinn Lodge And Suites Munising
- Americinn Lodge & Suites Munising Hotel Wetmore
- Americinn Hotel Munising