“We were pleasantly surprised!! :)”

Cherrywood Lodge - Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Wetmore
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

We were kind of worried with all the negative reviews but the Econo lodge was our only option because all the other hotel/ motels in our price range were sold out. They gave us a good deal on a room closer to the pool. The room was very clean and spacious, nothing was broken down or looked out dated. If you are looking for the Hilton this isn't the place for you! If you are looking for nice customer service, clean rooms, and affordable
prices this is the place for you! :) We would stay here again and probably will.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I don't need a fancy place to stay so I disregarded some of the negative reviews. The outside of the hotel looks great, very nice. Our room was sort of renovated, and what wasn't done didn't bother me at all. However, our room was not clean. The counters were dusty like. I thought maybe it was cleaner residue but it was tan on the wet cloth I used to clean it off. The toilet tank was dusty and filmy, too. The bathroom floor had hair on it when we first got there so clearly Not ours. We went to the pool and the tile around it actually had chunks of dirt. . .which, of course, could have been from that day but it didn't make you feel to sure about overall cleanliness. The biggest problem was that I called to make the reservation and asked for a recliner for my dad (he sleeps in one). I was told the 2 queen room we were getting had one. When we checked in, the man at the desk said he saw the request but didn't know if there was one in there. Sure enough, there wasn't. So I called the desk and he said they didn't have one, then. The SOLE REASON we booked here was because of the recliner. That is very annoying. Also, they said they had a hot breakfast. The only hot thing they had at 8 am was toast. Toast is fine, I just wouldn't advertise that as a hot breakfast. The grounds were pretty and well maintained. I guess it just depends on what your needs are, we were disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed 23 February 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our sled trip this year CAN"T say enough GOOD about this place!! Look forward to our stay every year!! Thinks Bill and Pam! We are thinking a sumer trip if time allows! The full breakfast in the morning is nice befor we got on the trail. The onsite bar as nice after a day on the trails. Also the room we had this year was great also. never had a bad experience at this place!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Can't say enough about this place and the staff. Needed to work on my sled and they let me use their heated garage, tools, and even helped me fix my problem right away. Without them I would have been looking for a rental or worse, not been able to ride after taking off work and driving 6 hours. Their help really saved my vacation plans. The bar staff is also very friendly and prime rib dinner was awesome. Check in was a breeze and everything went well.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2013

To the folks at Cherrywood Lodge in the UP.
What can I say! I believe it has been 13 years that I have been staying with you folks. It is like going home for me with all the familiar faces. The snow, rooms, sleds and trails right outside your door is why it is my winter happy place. Not to mention, Kris, Pam, Bill and Paul making sure my stay is nothing but relaxing and hassle free. The group I brought up this year was their first time. They had a blast. There all coming with me next year and would not even consider staying anywhere else. To quote John the doctor, "I have never been on vacation where everyone was so friendly and accomidating". Keep up the good work. Joe in Ohio.

Room Tip: Pick a room down the hall from the pool and hot tub. It is great after an all day ride on the trai...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2013

First and Last time to stay at this hotel!!
Booked room mid week, monday 6pm, arrived 1:30am 7.5 hrs later.
The couch was uncomfortable, and spouse only got 3 hours sleep.
Decided to leave because spouse could not sleep on the couch; it was 5pm of the "same day."
Person in charge could Not find manager after trying three times.
Got charged for "two days" stay, and was only there 16 hours.
Called manager when got back home. She claimed she was available 24hrs, and because we did
not speak to her earlier we had to pay the full two days; as they could not rent it out to others.
Rent it to other's??...this was in the middle of the week..there were no others.
If I were the manager I would have at least given half off, rather than charge for two days when we only stayed less than one!

Room Tip: If you need two beds, do not get a room with one bed and a couch.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary B
Reviewed 2 February 2013

was up from chicago first time here with a group of 14 guys for snowmobileing they treated us like family from the whole staff all the way down to there rental staff couldnt find a nicer place to stay food was good and made sure all our needs where meet thankyou to chris the manager we will be back

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wetmore
Boarders Inn and Suites by Cobblestone Munising
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Munising
Holiday Inn Express Munising -  Lakeview
Roam Inn
Roam Inn
#1 of 11 in Munising
Beach Inn Motel on Munising Bay
North Star Hotel – Pictured Rocks

Been to Cherrywood Lodge - Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!