Cherrywood Lodge - Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Wetmore
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This hotel has some real maintenance problems consistent throughout the property. Everything from siding coming loose, to peeling paint, to in room hairdryer not working. Outdoor security locks are removed. We were on floor 1 and any little movement from upstairs was incredibly loud & squeaky. However, we also thought our room (we actually had 2 different rooms as we extended our stay) were very clean. Front desk personnel very helpful. The restaurant & lounge are closed. It's about 5 miles from Munising. We might consider staying here again if the price was right, but would also look at other properties in the area to compare.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 August 2013

We had reservations for 2 nights. When we arrived we were given a room that had not been cleaned. Went back to the desk and were given another room---it had not been cleaned. Finally, on the third try we got a cleaned room. The room was nice but we were on the first floor and the floor above us was extremely squeaky--not much sleep that night as the people above us were up much of the night. We went to the "hot" breakfast only to find out that hot meant toast your frozen waffle or a piece of bread--then it will be hot. No meat, eggs or anything else resembling hot. We then canceled our second nights stay and went down the road to get another room. Would not stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 42BarbaraS
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I was expecting that because this is an "economy motel," it would have a modest accommodations. From the outside, it appears to be in good condition and it is far enough from the highway so that you do not hear traffic, what little there is even during peak tourist season. The first thing I noticed is that the security locks on the outside doors have been removed. Once I got to the hallway, I was disappointed because the carpeting is worn and dirty. I did speak to the owner about the door locks and she explained that they got permission to remove them because they freeze up in the winter so that people could not get in. She also said that the crime rate in the area is very low. The owner and desk clerk are very nice ladies, by the way.

This property is worn out and needs repairs. We were in the back portion which may be an older section. The room needs remodeling. It was poorly painted at some time and they painted over an obvious water damaged wall and thus the paint was peeling.

The second day there, it rained heavily and the roof leaked, soaking the ceiling and wall in the bathroom, where it had been painted over. The carpeting throughout the parts that I saw is old and dirty. The beds are old and uncomfortable. At times, I could not get a decent WI-FI signal to connect my PC to the internet. Lighting in the room is poor and higher wattage bulbs need to be used in the main part of the room.

Better accommodations were available in the area for about the same price and I wish we had gone elsewhere.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back part are closer to the pool and a small gathering room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

We were kind of worried with all the negative reviews but the Econo lodge was our only option because all the other hotel/ motels in our price range were sold out. They gave us a good deal on a room closer to the pool. The room was very clean and spacious, nothing was broken down or looked out dated. If you are looking for the Hilton this isn't the place for you! If you are looking for nice customer service, clean rooms, and affordable
prices this is the place for you! :) We would stay here again and probably will.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I don't need a fancy place to stay so I disregarded some of the negative reviews. The outside of the hotel looks great, very nice. Our room was sort of renovated, and what wasn't done didn't bother me at all. However, our room was not clean. The counters were dusty like. I thought maybe it was cleaner residue but it was tan on the wet cloth I used to clean it off. The toilet tank was dusty and filmy, too. The bathroom floor had hair on it when we first got there so clearly Not ours. We went to the pool and the tile around it actually had chunks of dirt. . .which, of course, could have been from that day but it didn't make you feel to sure about overall cleanliness. The biggest problem was that I called to make the reservation and asked for a recliner for my dad (he sleeps in one). I was told the 2 queen room we were getting had one. When we checked in, the man at the desk said he saw the request but didn't know if there was one in there. Sure enough, there wasn't. So I called the desk and he said they didn't have one, then. The SOLE REASON we booked here was because of the recliner. That is very annoying. Also, they said they had a hot breakfast. The only hot thing they had at 8 am was toast. Toast is fine, I just wouldn't advertise that as a hot breakfast. The grounds were pretty and well maintained. I guess it just depends on what your needs are, we were disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed 23 February 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our sled trip this year CAN"T say enough GOOD about this place!! Look forward to our stay every year!! Thinks Bill and Pam! We are thinking a sumer trip if time allows! The full breakfast in the morning is nice befor we got on the trail. The onsite bar as nice after a day on the trails. Also the room we had this year was great also. never had a bad experience at this place!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Can't say enough about this place and the staff. Needed to work on my sled and they let me use their heated garage, tools, and even helped me fix my problem right away. Without them I would have been looking for a rental or worse, not been able to ride after taking off work and driving 6 hours. Their help really saved my vacation plans. The bar staff is also very friendly and prime rib dinner was awesome. Check in was a breeze and everything went well.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wetmore
1 mi away
Roam Inn
Roam Inn
#1 of 11 in Munising
North Star Hotel – Pictured Rocks

Been to Cherrywood Lodge - Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!