US$289
Hostelworld.com
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Nevis Bank Inn(Fort William)
Highland Hotel(Fort William)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsben nevisusb chargingusb portscaledonian canalnice hostsfort williamamazing viewsgreat tipstasty breakfastsmoked salmon and scrambled eggstouring scotlandprivate bathroomsteam trainwarm welcomewithin walking distancea great staystayed for one night
Reviewed 12 June 2018

We just returned from a five night stay at Travee- my husband and I stayed in room 3 (one big bed) and my 13 yr old son and 15 yr old daughter stayed in room 4 (two twins). I can't say enough positive things- we'd go back here in a heartbeat. As a family, we travel a bit and typically stay at high end accommodations- this certainly met and exceeded what we are used to!

Inness and Jean are amazing- they somehow are around when you have a question, but also leave you absolutely alone to enjoy the peacefulness and beauty around you. (Like a ninja, Inness will pop up with pint glasses and a beer opener about thirty seconds after you and your significant other sit in their garden to enjoy the Scottish glory with beers you purchased- as you are staring at the tops of your beer bottles just realizing you have no way to open them.)

The rooms are awesome- everything is brand-new. The outlets have included USB ports (for those of us that forgot to buy converters and arrive with a dead cell phone), the mounted flat screen smartTV is ready for you to enter your Netflix info and you can continue binging on the show you watched on your flight over, the shower has a never-ending supply of hot water (I have a 15 year old daughter), and your choices of pillows fit even my picky hubby's demands. The wifi was perfect- Fortnite (an online game that requires good wifi to work) worked like a charm for my son.

Breakfast is yummy- Inness is a porridge king. My carnivore son approved of the bacon and eggs- my daughter discovered she loved black pudding (even AFTER I told her what it was). Being coffee lovers, we downed two pots every morning and now my son is convinced that "Scottish" coffee is far superior to Starbucks. Inness would ask what our plans for that day were and then offer advice that was spot on.... he really knows how to best see the area. (On this note- don't waste your time on the Jacobite train... instead, drive the circle Inness recommends and stop at Glenfinnan to watch it cross. We wasted a whole precious day going to Malaig by train- it's not worth it.)

We will absolutely go back- it isn't within walking distance to Ft William itself, but a short 5 or 10 minute drive to all Ft William offers. We loved this about it- we wanted peace.
You can walk to a mineral museum, 3 pubs, a co-op (which is like a mini mart), and Neptune's gate. It is completely serene, and at least twice a day you can watch the Jacobite steam its way past. It is directly above the end of the Caledonian canal- you can walk to the last lock in about 5 minutes- and we loved watching sailboats to through. We ate at the Lochy, a nearby pub, 3 different times because it was right beside Neptune's staircase and we could walk there along the canal- a beautiful way to get around.

I know there are a million B&B's in the area- pick this one. It seems brand new (I assume it was recently completely gutted and rebuilt), has all the latest features (including lightning fast wifi), and feels like you are staying in your own home. The towels smell amazing- the candy bars, hot chocolate, tea, and coffee left in your room magically replenish themselves- I could go on forever.

Someone said something about the driveway. Yes, it is up a hill. That is why the views are amazing... if we can do it in a standard rental car (with the gear shift on the wrong side of the car) without stalling or hitting anything, anyone can park their car just fine. Man up. You are in Scotland- not a Walmart parking lot.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Innes G, Owner at Travee B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Thank you for your most comprehensive review, If I had to write a review for Travee i couldn't come close to this one. Thank you once again and see you next time.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Innis is a lovely man and makes every effort to make guests feel at home. The location is excellent with stunning views of Ben Nevis and the Jacobite steam train. A wonderful walk along the Caledonian Canal up to Neptune's Ladder brings you to the Moorings for a very pleasant dinner. Great breakfast with crispy bacon! If hypersensitive to traffic noise, the road can be busy - but we had ear plugs. Would go back. Room and bed very comfortable and spacious.

Room Tip: Front of house gives great views.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Innes G, Owner at Travee B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Thank you for your good review, We are glad you enjoyed your bacon.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

I booked overnight accommodation at this B&B the night before taking part in the National Three Peaks Challenge.
I can honestly say that it is the nicest B&B that I have ever stayed in. It was spotlessly clean and the breakfast was amazing.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Innes G, Owner at Travee B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Thank you for your good review, I hope you completed the challenge.

Kind regards Innes and Jean.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Set in lovely surroundings looking over loch to Ben Nevis. Breakfast was excellent.Very close to Arisaig with wonderful white sands and Jacobite train which takes you from Fort William to Mallaig. Within walking distance of Neptune's stairway by the loch.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Innes G, Owner at Travee B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Kind regards Innes and Jean.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

Great VFM, clean and very welcoming !! - would def recommend. Hearty cooked breakfast and good recommendations for evening food around FW. Really helpful and accommodating with bike storage. Fantastic views a bonus.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Innes G, Owner at Travee B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Thank you for your spot on review.We are glad you enjoyed your stay at Travee.